Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Racism is as American as insider trading, so why all the DENIAL by the GOP?

Thanks for sharing.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

That's a somewhat accurate statement; however, both parties tend to carry the traits of racism. During the primary the Clintons (Hillary & Bill) hit Obama with everything but the kitchen sink and now their buddies...it's just part of the game. Racism is such a hot spot, people throw it out there to trip the weak minded. Those that understand how to play the game and have real skills will overlook the race card and have a good counterpunch. I'm not an Obama fan but I love his counterpunches to the racism rumors/attacks...he's good. Jesse Jackson would've tripped up, fell, stumbled, broke a leg and everything if someone threw racism at him, the Pres on the otherhand is not easily swayed. I thought Obama was going to trip up with the former Pastor at his ex-church story but he played it cool and got pass it. Racism is a mind game, the best players won't let that stop them or pay it no attention (i.e. Collin Powel, C. Rice...etc).

• Bryan
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Racism is a stain on the human condition which crosses all nationality and ethnicity. The one thing it is not is specifically political. No one in the GOP is denying that racism exists. What they deny is the clueless assertion by some that if you oppose someone politically who happens to be of a different race that you are automatically a racist by default.

• 1 decade ago

Because dissent and oppostion to Obama's agenda is not racism - it is free speech. The GOP did not accuse war protesters of racism. Nor did the accuse Bush bashers of racism. Of course Bush is white and the accusation would be ridiculous. However, the notion that opposition to Obama is racist is merely the left playing the same tired, old, dogeared race card because they have not legitimate discourse to deal with the matter in a civil manner.

• 1 decade ago

I don't think that everyone who disagrees with Obama is racist but it seems painfully naive for the GOP to claim there is no racism whatsoever. Of course some of these people are racist. You'd have to be blind to think otherwise.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

racism is in all parties and all races practice it. dems have as many issues with it as reps if not more. you history with it makes it hard to be too far removed from your roots. racism is real but no more than 5% of the people in this country, and that includes racist against whites.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Denial by the GOP? Is that why Condoleeza Rice was our first black/female secretary of state? Is that why Alberto Gonzalez was our first Latino Attourney General? Is that why Clarence Thomas was only the 2nd African American Supreme Court justice? Racism and denial by the GOP? Puh-leeeeeeze.

• 1 decade ago

NO one is denying that there is racism in the US.....however just because we disagree with Obamas policies does not mean that we are racist......it is his policies. I suggest getting educated so that people can debate with out calling someone racist. you all are wearing out the word, to the point to where it is loosing its meaning.

• 1 decade ago

"Racism is as American as insider trading, so why all the DENIAL by the GOP?"

What denial? We've never denied that the Democratic Party is a racist organization.

• Cinner
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Racism is NOT American, neither is insider trading.

• 1 decade ago

take your racism bait questions to society and culture,other

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.