Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 1 decade ago

Diabetes Type 2 Testing?

How often should I be testing my blood sugar levels & at what times of the day?

Not only do I want to know what times of the day to test but also what is considered normal range & when should I worry if the numbers are out of range?

Favorite Answer

About Type 2 Diabetes

When you have type 2 diabetes, high levels of sugar build up in your blood. This can lead to serious health complications. That's why controlling your blood sugar is key to managing diabetes. Keeping your blood sugar under control lowers your risk for complications later. High blood sugar can harm your organs and raise your risk of heart disease.

http://www.diabetes.com/about-type-2-diabetes/abou...

Source(s): GOD BLESS

2

Source(s): #1 Diabetes Cure System : http://diabetesgofar.com/?ebRH

1

Source(s): Two Weeks Diabetes Cure : http://diabetescure.raiwi.com/?AUAq

When and how often you test depend on a number of factors and either your doctor or diabetic adviser should have discussed this with you. Test should be done at different times of the day so you get a good idea of your levels not just at set times. ie on day 1 test before breakfast and before your evening meal day 2 before lunch and before bed do the odd test post meal as well about 2 hours after eating as for the range that depends on the measurement you are using and I suggest you talk to your health adviser for what they suggest for you

Source(s): Retired nurse/diabetic

Wake up, before bed, before meals, 2hrs after meals are normally expected for type 1. BS ranges from 70 to 130 are experienced by normal people without diabetes. Minor fluctuations are to be expected. My goal is to be kept between 100 to 200.

I'm in UK and may use different measures from you. I work with diabetes and do not recommend that you become obsessed with glucose levels unless you are insulin dependent or unstable. You shouldn't worry if your a little out of range but if you're very low or very high you have to correct your diet and/or have your meds reviewed.

Does your appliance not have an information booklet with quick start information inside?

My doctor wants me doing random testing but at lease 2 hours after any meal. He wants to see averages for different times of day. This is common according to the dozen + books I've read on the subject after being diagnosed and wanting to be in control of the disease instead of letting it control me. I purchased the software and cable that works with my meter so I could use the data to see trends in my scores and adjust my exercises and diet to get the best results. I was able to get my A1C score down to 5.9% in just sizx months after being diagnosed with an A1C of 9.9%.

Source(s): Best book, Diabetes for Dummies - written by an Endocrinologist.

I test my level before I eat. If its low, I eat foods that will

bring it up, hopefully, to normal. (90-110 in my case).

If its high, I take the amount of insulin recommended on

my sliding scale recommendations. Readings that are

inordinately low or high and that are recurrent is cause for

me to investigate the cause and perhaps adjust my dosage

accordingly.

there are only 2 times in the day when we know what your glucose should be.. they are fasting before breakfast, and 2 hrs after supper! checking it any other time is the waste of a $1 strip and gives no useful info, unless you take insulin and take extra according to the results. why drs. tell pts. who take a fixed amount of med. to do it 3 and 4 times a day, is beyond me. maybe their training? or lack thereof?

Source(s): m.d.
  • traci

3

Source(s): Reduce Diabetes Now http://reversediabetestoday.enle.info/?ftur