Programs aren't loading on my second partition after I formatted and installed Vista OS on the first partition?

Programs aren't loading on my second partition after I formatted and installed Vista OS on the first partition and left the second partition untouched... Basically, I decided to reinstall Vista on my computer. I have a 320GB hard drive, and its split up into two partitions. The first being the Operating... show more Programs aren't loading on my second partition after I formatted and installed Vista OS on the first partition and left the second partition untouched...

Basically, I decided to reinstall Vista on my computer. I have a 320GB hard drive, and its split up into two partitions. The first being the Operating System, we'll call that partition OS, and the second being where I keep all my data, we'll call that partition DATA.

So I have an option on my Vista installation disc that allows me to; 1) Format the entire drive, 2) Format the first and leave the second the way it is, 3) Format the second and leave the first the way it is. I chose option 2.

So after the OS is installed I am able to see all my files that are on my DATA partition when I open up My Computer. The only thing is, is that when I try and load up a program its acts as though it hasn't been installed.

I've looked on google and countless forums trying to figure out as to why this is happening. I'm sure it has to deal with the registry but I'm not about to regedit my computer and aimlessly attempt to fix my problem.

I hope I've been clear with the explanation as to my problem that I am having, I just don't want to have to re-install all those programs that are on my DATA partition again. Wanted to know if there was a program or something that I need to alter or change in regedit.

Thanks again for future answers!
Update: Please no answers like, Don't use Vista or Vista is SUXORZ!! Try and give beneficial information if attempting to actually HELP.