Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

Is Rosacea and hyperpigmentation the same thing?

If not then what is hyperpigmentation and how can it be treated?

Favorite Answer

Rosacea (roz-ay-sha) is a very common benign skin disorder that affects many people worldwide. As of 2008, it is estimated to affect at least 14 million people in the United States alone. The main symptoms of this facial condition include red or pink patches, visible broken blood vessels, small red bumps, red cysts, and pink or irritated eyes. Most people with the disease may not even know they have rosacea or that it is a diagnosable and treatable condition. Many patients may just assume they blush easily or have gotten sunburned.

Rosacea is considered a chronic (long-term), non-curable skin disease with periodic ups and downs. As opposed to traditional acne, most adult patients do not "outgrow" rosacea. It characteristically involves the central region of the face, causing persistent redness or transient flushing over the areas of the face and nose that normally blush -- mainly the forehead, the chin and the lower half of the nose. It is commonly seen in people with fair or light skin, and particularly in those of Irish and Scottish backgrounds. Some famous people with rosacea have included former President Bill Clinton and W.C. Fields.

LINK: http://www.iacnecare.com

1

Source(s): How To Cure Rosacea - http://Rosacea.ohfos.com/?HpD

I Cured Rosacea Naturally?

• dundas

Is Rosacea Genetic

You really need to read "Rosacea Free Forever" by Laura Taylor (also available in electronic format here: http://www.rosaceafreeforever.info ). It's about how to permanently cure your Rosacea naturally. I cured my Rosacea permanently in only 4 days after reading this.

Stop paying paying each month good money on creams. This is exactly what the pharmaceutical industry wants you to do! They want to milk money from you each month.

Rosacea is a chronic, inflammatory skin condition that affects adults. Rosacea causes redness in your face and produces small, read, pus-filled bumps.

Hyperpigmentation is the darkening of an area of skin or nails caused by increased melanin. Patches of skin become darker in color than the normal surrounding skin.

Source(s): Mayo clinic.com www.merck.com/mmpe/sec10/ch/123/ch/123d.html

No they're not. I think rosacea is a genetic predisposition and hyperpigmentation is caused by an outside source.. like over exposure to the sun. (sun damage)

When people tan it's because your skin produces melanin to protect itself from the sun which is what gives your skin the tan color the more you're out in the sun. (melanin) And over exposure to the sun can cause your skin to produce too much melanin, causing hyperpigmentation. I'm sure they have treatments for it but I don't know much about that.

I have the exact same thing and hate it so much. I am trying to find something to make my cheeks less noticable. I starred this so I could see if anyone suggests anything that might work. Its really lowering my self confidence.

For the best answers, search on this site https://smarturl.im/aDJt2

i think both can only be treated by a dermatologist. One thing though: to avoid outbreaks stay away from alcohol and stress