Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why does Michael Moore hate Capitalism? His movies would never sell without a free market?

Favorite Answer

You're right. If he truly hated capitalism he would distribute his movies for free on the internet. But everybody wants to make a buck.

I'm not defending Michael Moore, but I am going to say that there is Adam Smith capitalism and then there is Republican Capitalism that involves never regulating corporations and hiring mercenary companies like Blackwater.

His movies don't sell in a free market! He needs a more cohersive system of government where people are forced to watch his drivel.

Peace

I've never heard him say he hates capitalism. I think he is concerned about the unregulated free market that allowed Enron to steal people's pensions, and this recent financial meltdown.

I believe you're not understanding. Abolishing capitalism is not the goal. Reforming it is. FDR saved capitalism from itself. We need a new FDR.

• Sarah

When did he say he 'hates' capitalism? He hates corruption....his movie is "Capitalism: A love story'.

"Some see private enterprise as a predatory target to be shot, others as a cow to be milked, but few are those who see it as a sturdy horse pulling the wagon".

Source(s): Winston Churchill