promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why does Michael Moore hate Capitalism? His movies would never sell without a free market?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You're right. If he truly hated capitalism he would distribute his movies for free on the internet. But everybody wants to make a buck.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I'm not defending Michael Moore, but I am going to say that there is Adam Smith capitalism and then there is Republican Capitalism that involves never regulating corporations and hiring mercenary companies like Blackwater.

• 1 decade ago

His movies don't sell in a free market! He needs a more cohersive system of government where people are forced to watch his drivel.

Peace

• 1 decade ago

I've never heard him say he hates capitalism. I think he is concerned about the unregulated free market that allowed Enron to steal people's pensions, and this recent financial meltdown.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I believe you're not understanding. Abolishing capitalism is not the goal. Reforming it is. FDR saved capitalism from itself. We need a new FDR.

• Sarah
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

When did he say he 'hates' capitalism? He hates corruption....his movie is "Capitalism: A love story'.

• 1 decade ago

"Some see private enterprise as a predatory target to be shot, others as a cow to be milked, but few are those who see it as a sturdy horse pulling the wagon".

Source(s): Winston Churchill
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.