What's the best type of alcohol for a guy present?

I need to make a gift basket for this guy and I wanted to include some alcohol in it. I was thinking maybe Jack Daniel's or Patron Silver... but I really don't know. Should I put beer or hard liquor? Thoughts?

Best Answer

Kinda depends on what sort of guy he is - if he's the type who loves spending time working on his car or truck, hanging out at the local track/drag-strip or piloting an 18-wheeler on long hauls, he'd most likely be a beer drinker. In that case, I'd suggest a premium beer, either domestic or an import. I used to like Colt 45 malt liquor - not horribly expensive and quite enjoyable when good and cold.

An office job, meaning a guy who has to dress in coat and tie and carry a laptop around - a good wine.

A military veteran, or other career type who has to be equally adept with his muscles and his brain - a good whiskey. Jack Daniel's is okay, Black Velvet is better.

A brainy type, the kinda guy who enjoys a game of golf, wears cardigans and has leather patches on the elbows of his jacket - a good scotch.

But your best bet? Ask the guy what he likes! Then get it for him. Us guys are not as fond of surprises as you might think - and he'd be more impressed by your caring enough to ask and then providing it.

Beer is a man's best friend. Good beer though, stella artois is a great beer. If you cant find good beer, get him some hard liquor. Jack Daniel's is classic, but it isnt nearly as good as Gibson's. Patron silver is expensive and not comparable to Jack's. Thats a whole new level and i doubt he'd appreciate the Patron as much as he should, like i think a nice bottle of Gibson's he would like just as much. If you really like him, go for the patron its very very good.

Either hard liquor or beer would be fine. It would really depend on what he likes. If you're going to give him Jack Daniels, try to find the Gentleman Jack. That's always nice.

Or you could find something that you could both enjoy, add a couple of appropriate glasses. If you give a bottle of wine, then add a corkscrew and throw in a few munchies. That way you could get right down to it. If you're going that way. :-)

Enjoy

Jack Daniels is overrated. Crown Royal or Maker's Mark is a much better choice.

Patron is overrated as well eh. Try and get Herradura or Gran Centenario instead.

Source(s): My taste buds

Hennessy

• Tina

Do you know for sure that this guy drinks? If so you should only put in what you know he likes to drink. I am not so sure alcohol is such a good gift.

grey goose it's a very popular vodka

Just get some Bailey's-- then you can share it with him :)