C&A~~ Random Anime/Manga Survey #23~!! +[[Racist or Sexist?]]+?

Hello. XD

Who’s feeling languid today? >:D

—feel free to rant here—

… some interesting topics came up in my English class, a week or two ago. [See title]

Ahh yeah so anyways I was curious >.<” Can’t wait to see your answers, lol.

[For both #1’s, though RQ1 is optional – details supporting your argument are the most important. ;D]

Copy and paste please.

===================

Anime Survey

===================

1) All right. This Q is about animation, or rather, animated movies, in general.

Pick a single animated movie [e.g. “Finding Nemo”/etc.]. Analyze how it connects to—or could possibly connect to—contemporary incidents in real life. (For example, say you think “The Little Mermaid” could somehow relate to the Great Depression or the Vietnam War or some other semirandom major event. Please explain. xD)

2) List the titles of your top ten favorite anime/manga series. >:] INCLUDING the mangaka or director’s name. Can you do it without any form of ‘cheating’? XD

+++++++++++++++++++

Random Survey

+++++++++++++++++++

1) [Optional] Address the question as to whether your country is more racist or sexist. [If you don’t want to be comparing those two topics, you can choose different ones, but please specify which ones you’ll be writing about.]

2) Define “light” and “dark” in your own words. [The definition(s) in terms of anime/manga – in addition to the normal terms – are ‘extra credit.’ XD]

Thank you for answering. =)

Update:

@An!me♥Luv336

Anime Question 1's choice can be from an anime too, but it has to be a single movie. Such as Spirited Away or something. But don't worry, if you already finished answering that Q, you don't have to redo it. Thanks. :D

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

KAAAAAAYYY~!!!! <333

[I'm rantin' throught Y!M] ;DD

[For both #1’s, though RQ1 is optional – details supporting your argument are the most important. ;D]

Copy and paste please.

===================

Anime Survey

===================

1) All right. This Q is about animation, or rather, animated movies, in general.

Pick a single animated movie [e.g. “Finding Nemo”/etc.]. Analyze how it connects to—or could possibly connect to—contemporary incidents in real life. (For example, say you think “The Little Mermaid” could somehow relate to the Great Depression or the Vietnam War or some other semirandom major event. Please explain. xD)

>> O____O'';;; Euhh.....Well....

*pass*

2) List the titles of your top ten favorite anime/manga series. >:] INCLUDING the mangaka or director’s name. Can you do it without any form of ‘cheating’? XD

>> At teh moment itt'sss....>:3

>>1. Fullmetal Alchemist~! >:D (Hiromu Arakawa)

>>2. Katekyo Hitman Reborn~! (Akira Amano)

>>3. Elfen Lied (No clue...-__-)

>>4. D. Gray man (Eh hehe....^ ^''')

>>5. Bleach ( ... )

>>6. Death Note (Don't remember anymore....>.>)

>>7. Fruits Basket (Natsuki Takaya)

>>8. Ouran High School Host Club (No idea....>.>)

>>9. Detective Conan (Gosho Aoyama )

>>10. Soul Eater~! (Sorry~! XD)

+++++++++++++++++++

Random Survey

+++++++++++++++++++

1) [Optional] Address the question as to whether your country is more racist or sexist. [If you don’t want to be comparing those two topics, you can choose different ones, but please specify which ones you’ll be writing about.]

>>I live in Canda recently....so it'd say Racist...o.o'''....If i were in Syria it tends to kneel to teh more Sexist side....XD Australia....i have NO idea since i've never been there....o__o'''''

2) Define “light” and “dark” in your own words. [The definition(s) in terms of anime/manga – in addition to the normal terms – are ‘extra credit.’ XD]

>>Light:: Has goofy humor~! XD Bright colors and usually nice drawin'...>:3 Got some puppy love and random action...>.> Cute little girls with big boobs tryin' to cheer ppl up...Guys with teh "Never give up" motto...-__-

Dark:: Dark era//colors....Characters are usually messy yet artistically drawn....more drama...serious relationships that are far from fairy tails...xD Action scenes are gory and has less talkin'....like all of teh Shonen series have....O_o

Arrgg....my head hurts....no random stupid Q's~! XD

-have a nice day~! =D

Source(s): !~!ME!~!
  • 1 decade ago

>>hmmm... gee something that's not anime. uh.... whatta bout the lion king. im not that important, but life is always full of choices so that's similar.

Nope. i cant name the author, so let's just name the anime/manga

(1=favorite)

1-FMA

2-OHSHC

3-fruits basket

4-bleach

5-naruto

6-one piece

7-lovely complex

i don't have any more favorites. they all rank about the same

+++++++++++++++++++

Random Survey

+++++++++++++++++++

my country is not racist or sexist, but if i had to choose one, id say racist

light-good

dark-bad

• Meh
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

► hmm...[edit] as I think

k, I came up with something

In Code Geass (shocking for people who know me) Lelouch could be like Martin Luther King JR. because Lelouch fought for the 11's freedom (blacks and the civil right movement) and at the end *spoilers* he resolved everything. Obviously there differences like Lelouch isn't an 11 and liberating the 11's wasn't his objective, but there kinda - remotely - similar.

► No, I can list my favorite anime, but not the directors

1. Code Geass

2. Death Note

3. Elfen Lied

4. Strawberry Panic

5. Blassreiter

6. Ga Rei Zero

7. School Days

8. Gundam 00

9. Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru

10. Zero no Tsukaima

** Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ will be 3 and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood will be in the top 10, but I don't put ongoing anime in the top 10.

++++++++++++++++

+++

Random Survey

+++++++++++++++++++

► The U.S.A. is more raciest I think. If you watch a commercial, theres always almost every race because if there isn't, they'll be sued for being raciest. And if you're asked to pick something or someone, and have to go with the black one or you'll be called raciest.

► Light is good or a psychopathic killer and Dark is evil.

• 1 decade ago

The Little Mermaid and the Great Depress/Vietnam War. How does this work?! Im curious now....

Okay well Im going to start rambling here about the Disney movie The Hunchback of Notre Dame and how it can be similar to the real world.

In the Hunchback of Notre Dame, the main character, Quisimodo (I think I spelled that right) has been forced to be locked up in the bell tower for years by his master Frollo after his mom was killed by him. In a way it reminds me of Anne Frank and how she couldnt leave her attic and only had her diary to write in and only her family to talk to, Quisimodo had his gargoyles to talk to (which could proably be a sign of him loosing it from no human contact) and his artwork.

In some ways the movie kind of reminds me of the Holocaust considering all of the gypsies in the movie were looked down upon and sent to a prison or worse if they did something wrong. Alls his mom wanted to do was go into Paris to make a safe life for Quisimodo but she was killed because of that. If it wasnt for the arch deacon (or priest I think its called in French... not too sure about that) Quisimodo would have been thrown down a well and killed.

Not to mention, in the Holocaust sometimes woman (in this case Esmerelda) were raped by the nazis and Frollo actually sung a song about how he basically wanted her body.

But thats my example. Its proably bad but I tried.

I'll try to do it without cheating. No, I refuse to cheat!

1. Bleach- Tite Kubo

2. Naruto- Masashi Kishimoto

3. Code Geass- I think Tanaguchi or someone like that is the director.

4. Blood +- Ummmmm, I forgot. Sorry.

5. Death Note-Takeshi Obata (

6. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya-Nagaru Tanigawa

7. One Piece- Oda

8. Fate/Stay Night- I know Type Moon produced it but other than that, I have no clue. I know it started off as a game though.

9. Sky High (manga)- Tsutomu Takahashi

10. Gunslinger Girls- Yu Aida

++++++++++++++++

+++

Random Survey

+++++++++++++++++++

I think that the United States is more racist.Caucasians are starting to be looked down on being racist because they didnt vote for Obama or something like that. The african americans,asians,mexicans, etc. have always kind of been a big part of what racism is in America. Slavery is a perfect example, people dont like Japan because of Pearl Harbor, and because of our border control which is limited to none and the "swine flu" a lot of people despise Mexico.

In my opinion, racism is stupid and will get you nowhere in life. People will be different than you and they just need to learn to accept that.

Light- A teen who uses too many strategies to become god of the world by killing others with his death note, in this case, he become a lunatic.

Dark- A person who is somewhat emo/ or it can just mean that they are a horrible person/evil.

:-P

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.