Is it okay to wear a black wedding dress in a church?

my future husband and i are having a quick... i guess you could say "shotgun" wedding. my bridesmaids will wear very informal purple dresses and the groomsmen are wearing black slacks and white button up shirts with sneakers... no coat/blazer. we're not the "traditional" type, but... show more my future husband and i are having a quick... i guess you could say "shotgun" wedding. my bridesmaids will wear very informal purple dresses and the groomsmen are wearing black slacks and white button up shirts with sneakers... no coat/blazer. we're not the "traditional" type, but we're not gothic or anything like that. i'm not all into having all the attention on me... i just want my wedding to be all of our friends together celebrating our commitment. BUT because we're also limited with funds, it's free to get married in a church. we can't have the wedding outside because it will be in the winter. we want to have the wedding at the church and the reception at someone's home.

ALSO: if i wear black, will it look weird if my groom wears a black suit?