is a volvo a rich person car?

there are a couple volvos at our school parking lot and i heard these girls go all "omg they just be rich" so im wondering are they?

i know rich people have like bmws and stuff but im talking like for their 16th birthday these girls got that car so if it gets in any accidents their parents will like pay all the expenses for it

Favorite Answer

Bought my first one for $900. (744)

Second for $2500 (really nice 745).

Third for $1100 (really old 244 in really great shape).

I buy Volvo's because they are cheap, safe, and last forever.

Volvo's used to be expensive but after they were bought by Ford the price dropped to be compatible with other mid to high range cars, and the quality dropped to be comparable with Trabants

And just cause someone drives an expensive car doesn't mean that they are rich, all it means is that they have a large car payment

historically volvo's have been pricey when new. in the past they have lasted. and they still do. but that is not what you are asking.

bottom line the parents of volvo children love their kids and want them in as safe a car as possible, as far as accidents go, who cares if the car is totaled AS LONG AS THE CHILDREN GET OUT AND WALK AWAY.

note you never know. i built my daughter a volvo [started project when she was 5] yes her high school teachers and college professors have been impressed if not envious by the fact that her car [30 years young now]volvo 242 is still show room fresh. much nicer than their 2 yr old crap-boxes

bmw and volkswagon/audi trash included.

in certain areas its considered to be a prestigious type of car. you would probably see some one that make more than ur average joe driving a volvo, depending on the year. like i just got a nice 04 s60 in august, and people are thinking I got a promotion at work but really I didnt even pay that much for it. i guess Euro cars mean you have money to most people.

Where are you...Mississippi? Year and model please. If it's a 2009 S-80 V-8 AWD, it is a tad expensive. They lose their value rather quickly so if it is "pre-owned", it didn't cost much. I'm not rich and I own one. However, the maintenance is very expensive. They probably have one due to the safety factor. Also, no one steals Volvos. Both of those factors make them very cheap to insure.

Source(s): I am on my third Volvo. My 79-year old dad walked away from a 60mph head on collision in one when he was 74.

no not in the slightest. You can buy any model before the Ford take over a 1998 or older and its a great car. A 240 is very basic and easy to care for. Good to 300k miles if its been cared for. the same goes for a V70. But you must find one that has good maintenance records. You can buy a good one for less than $4000

Volvos are not that much more than comparable cars. They have a reputation as very safe, which is why parents like them for teen drivers.

• Jake

Volvos are pricey to buy. But they're not HIGH class (like Mercedes $700/month payments).

It's more of a car for upper middle class people.

Depends on the year and model, you can get a older Volvo for cheap.

I am not rich and I own one.

no really... they just say that cuzz they wanna sound cool. volvo is not an expensive car....

. . .if you see an audi, the new ones. thats an expensive car.. =)