Why are British people so obsessed with soccer?

They stab the opposing team's fans, they have riots, their stadiums have different seats for fans, they worship their team. Soccer is a culture in England. Why are you British people so obsessed with it? I'd understand if it were football or basketball because they're world class and American... show more They stab the opposing team's fans, they have riots, their stadiums have different seats for fans, they worship their team. Soccer is a culture in England. Why are you British people so obsessed with it? I'd understand if it were football or basketball because they're world class and American sports....but soccer? Are you guys for real?
Update: You don't 'own' soccer. You guys can barely win a game against Argentina, let alone Brazil, France, Italy or Spain. You guys aren't really good at any sports besides the games played at pubs like darts.