Anonymous

Why is it ok to have BET Award shows and Latino Award shows?

You would never see a "Whites Award Show"

come on now. be real, think about this now. some are saying "go ahead", "you do", "country awards".

Best Answer

In this day and age I think we need to get over the double standards for races that are not anglo. Now that we have a black president we need that change too. I can only feel discriminated against and repressed when I see organizations that stipulate a certain race.

Ummm...there have been only 3 black people to ever win Oscars for movies. Generally speaking, VERY few Blacks and Latinos are recognised for their contributions to film, music and theatre, and so if Whites aren't gonna give us the notoriety we deserve, then we're gonna have our own awards shows.

Whites dont need an award show, they get all the awards anyway. Blacks and Latinos are basically only recognised in three categories, Rap, R&B, and Latin Music (a term so generic that its ridiculous).

Yes, its a "double standard" but who made it so that double standards were even necessary in the first place? White people. People talk about Will Smith being the highest paid actor but what other Black people are even in the top 10? My bet is none. People talk about Obama being the president but most White people didn't even vote for him.

I find it funny when White people, who own and directly control and influence 90% of America, can find time to complain about the 10% that minorities have any say over. Honestly, if you guys think you have it bad, then everyone else must have it terrible.

Agree with Authentic Black American, if you want a Whites Award Show, go for it.

Why is it ok to have Country music award show and a country cable station...

you have the country music awards

You do

The Grammys, Emmys, Oscars, etc

Its not like WE are stoping you...Stop blaming it on us.

ive wondered that question myself