Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

What are 3 reasons why Music is so important to you?

I am curious, because I asked this to my friend one day, who loves all kinds of music, and he could only come up with 1 reason.

BQ: What song fits your day so far?

BQ2: What song makes you feel like you are drowning in a bowl of cheerios.

• Favorite Answer

Three reasons why music is important to me.

No matter what kind of mood I'm in, music is and has always been there for me. It's been a constant in my life.

I relate to the lyrics or can hear a deeper meaning (even if it means I'm completely wrong) but that's another reason I love it, music can be interpreted anyway you hear the song. There is no right or wrong about it.

The connection it brings is also very important, not just by the many different genres and styles, but by the way it brings people together. The listener can connect to the artist in a way that makes them think I know exactly how he/she or they were feeling when they wrote this. The artist(s) can connect to the fans as well, and fans can connect with each other through the music.

bq:"Say This Sooner" by The Almost

bq2:"Drowning" by Scary Kids Scaring Kids

• mull

Reasons Why Music Is Important

• Music is so important to me because it fills me with so many emotions and no matter what kind of day i'm having, it will always lift my spirits. Music is in my soul, it's my religion, my life. There is a song to fit my every mood.

The song that fits me today would have to be Tesla ~ The Way It Is.

Hmmm don't think any songs have made me feel like I was drowning in a bowl of cheerios.

1. It expresses my feelings when I can't

2. It is an easy way to start conversations

3. It makes the intermissions during the day a little more interesting

My day so far: Walk Like a Zombie--Horrorpops

Drowning in a Bowl of Cheerios: Ricky Bobby--I don't even know if that's what it is called but it is some weird rap song

Reason 1: I have been aware of my connection to music since infancy, so I can suppose that music, for many of us, is something that goes back even before birth. I could rock a mean "Little Tea Pot" back in the day.

Reason 2: I have learned that listening to music connects us on a variety of spiritual levels due to the various sonic tones and vibrations. That very variety lends itself to a greater awareness of diversity being cool (not to mention danceable).

Reason 3: By writing music and lyrics, I have a more direct connection to Creativity, and can better appreciate the many other creations that surround us. It's all good!

BQ: "Play in the Sunshine" by Prince (I'm painting my kitchen and need to keep moving...)

BQ2: Is drowning in a bowl of Cheerios a good thing or a bad thing? LOL

Blessings!

god i am a music freak and love the band marianas trench they rock. and josh is hot! <3 music and them. lol but anyways here are my reasons:

1. It makes me feel happy and uplifts me.

2. Most songs have meaning and come from the heart.

3. It is just cool and I love jamming out to it.

Extras

4. I live for music(specifically Marianas Trench), without it my life wouldn't be full.

5. I like singing along.

I love music, and if I didn't have music once I have already been introduced to it it may be hard to be without it. I know it sounds cheesy but its true I absolutely love music its awesome and I'm addicted I listen to it practically 24/7 when I'm not at school or doing work. I listen to it all the time when I'm the computer or in my room and i will get an Ipod soon so i can listen to it even more! BTW i dont have an Ipod yet cause im a kid. 11 yrs old lol gr. 7 :P so ya

If you check out MT's music you will see the lyrics actually make sense and "Lover Dearest" actually came from a love letter and check out Masterpiece Theatre III from them. THEY ARE AWESOME! lol but true

Right now my BQ is I Gotta Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas cause I'm really happy and hype at the moment.

BQ2: i dont know! really I can't think of a song I hate right now, well at least a song I know the name of.

Source(s): music is inspirational and it is my life!!!

erm...

1. Playing the piano (or just banging it!) is pretty therapeutic to me, because I can make the sound reflect how I feel.

2. It's a group thing. People respect you for being a musician, for having perfect pitch and being able to play anything by ear... and also what kind of party is it if there's no music?

3. Music sets the atmosphere. They tried playing classical music in the operating theatre, but then they found that the speed of the operation was determined by the beat of the music, and that it subtly affected the mood of the operation... they scrapped it. I'm a very classical music person, but I do listen to techno and rock, and they feel very different. I use the music I"m listening to to manipulate my mood, my thinking. Bach's preludes and fugues are great for doing maths. Pachelbel's Canon in D is multipurpose calming.

BQ: Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, 1st movement.

BQ2: erm... anything Hannah Montana. Or High School Musical. or rap music... hey, music is like a bowl of candy. The (w)rappers belong in the bin!

Because it makes you feel, i suppose. When I like music I like it with such a passion. When you're listening to your favourite songs you always know you're alive.

It connects you to the world. If you're ever feeling down you can put on a song that describes how you feel and you know you're not alone. and you can talk to someone else anywhere in the world, and if they like a band you like then the other differences don't seem to matter.

My memory is very connected to music, if I'm listening to a song it brings back the good times I've had and the feelings I've felt while i was listening to it, it makes me want to live more times like that.

Basically music makes me happy :)

BQ: I sat on the couch watching chicago, lay in the sun and then went to work... hmmm. I have no idea. That's entertainment by The Jam. It's about the banality of life. I guess today was a bit like that lol.

BQ2: the first that springs to mind is Don't Trust Me by 3oh!3. I don't know why, I guess I just still can't understand why someone agreed to produce it.

Lol, music is so important to me because:

1. The lyrics sometimes mirror my own life and it's nice to know that someone out there knows what it's like.

2. Usually the beat of the music can give me energy or help me relax.

3. (Sounds corny) but music helps me feel like I'm not alone.

The song that fits my day so far is..."Gotta Be Somebody" Nickelback

The song that makes me feel like I'm drowning in Cheerios (lol ;))..."I kissed a Girl" Katy Perry

Music is important because I'm an only child, so I've got an iPod for a sibling.

I hate the silence

Life is a little dull without it. Imagine going to a disco without any music.

BQ2: Therapy (All Time Low)

BQ2: What A Catch, Donnie (Fall Out Boy)