? asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

How can you block flash player based ads?

I am using Avant built in ad blocker and I use ABP sometimes too but I can't ever figure out how to block Flash based ads.

• Anand
    Favorite Answer

If you use any of these browsers Firefox 1.5 to Firefox 3.6a (trunk), Flock, and Intel Midbrowser, Mozilla Suite 1.7.x, Seamonkey 1.0a to 2.0, Netscape 7 to 9.0

You can use this plugin

http://flashblock.mozdev.org/

It blocks Flash Players and leaves a play button.Unless you click the play button the flash content wont load... Uses...saves you bandwidth and speed...

Edit

=====

Another useful tool...

Along with ABP you can use "Adblock Plus:Element Hiding Helper 1.0.6" to filter out any kind of element in webpages(Flash content,text content, Parts of a webpage etc..)

You'll get it if you google it for your browser type...

Ps (Its an additional plugin to your existing ABP)

I think you're talking about the flash ads that play on websites you visit. There's a brilliant website/program my friend talked about a while ago, where it cuts webpages you visit and blocks out every single ad on it. However, I don't have it anymore and I forgot the name; I'm just suggesting it's out there somewhere.

EDIT: Nevermind, the question above me just said the program, hahaha. Now I can finally re-download it :D!

Switch to Firefox. Once it's up and running, run a search for the extensions. There's a very good one called Flashblocker, and another one called Adblocker. Installing both will cut down your bandwidth usage.