Experience with tattoos in the lower hip/stomach area and pregnancy?

I already know it can stretch the tattoo out, but I just want to know frome people with experience? Did this happen to you and if it did, did it help after you lost the baby weight or just any advice would be nice? I have a tattoo in this spot and I plan on having a few children so I'm just curious...thank you.

Favorite Answer

I have a Norweigen Swallow around my belly button... I gained 67lbs from pregnancy (10lb baby) and my Swallow stretched out to be a parrot... seriously.. it was disgusting. hahaha

I got stretch marks, so my Swallow also looks like it was attacked by a cat.

20 months later, I have lost almost all the weight and it went back down to its original size and the stretch marks have faded dramatically... yet... the coloring of the bird has faded like crazy. I will need it to be redone... while that does suck, I am happy that it didn't distort. It just faded from the massive stretching!

I have a small tattoo on my upper hip in the front. I found out I was pregnant two months after getting the tat. Then I got preg again, then again. I had three children in 38 months. My tattoo looks the same as it did the day I got it. It didn't stretch. It's a chinese symbol meaning "Heaven" and the word Heaven is below it. You can still read the word 'heaven'. I looks no different. The tattoo is about 2''x2'' squared.

Source(s): Everyone's body responds differently to rapid weight gain. This depends majorly on whether or not you end up with excess skin.

I have a tattoo that stretches across my entire lower stomach and it didn't get ruined. When I was pregnant it got bigger but after it went to it's normal size right away. And once the few stretch marks I got faded it looked 100% normal again.

It depends on the actual location as well as how you carry. I carry really high and the tattoo I have is right on my hip and has barely stretched at all. It looks bigger but its not all deformed or anything lol. Still looks the same.

Mine is right at the underware line and it did stretch a little. Not really noticeable to anyone but me. I've already lost 28 pounds (I gained 56!!!) and its already starting to look more like it use to.

Source(s): Mommy to 8 week old baby Colin My tattoo

My friend had a dolphin tattoo on her lower stomach, it looked like a whale during... it is still kinda streched looking now 2 yrs after she had the kid.

I've got one on my hip/stomach area in the front, and it hasn't really stetched out toooo much, but we'll see if that's a different story in 4 weeks!

It depends on the person. I've heard horror strories and like some of the women above I've heard everything goes back.

after it gets stretched out it will never go back to its normal look

were worried about the same thing..I recently gotten pregnant and I have a tatt on my lower stomach in the front and afraid it's gonna look gross now....