Have you ever heard of this?

Today the planets are aligned. One of my co-workers told me since this is so, you can stand a broom upright all by itself. No one believed her. She found a broom and put it in front of us and it stood all by itself w/out falling over. I did it when I got home as well, and I had 2 brooms standing freely in my... show more Today the planets are aligned. One of my co-workers told me since this is so, you can stand a broom upright all by itself. No one believed her. She found a broom and put it in front of us and it stood all by itself w/out falling over. I did it when I got home as well, and I had 2 brooms standing freely in my kitchen, for over 20 minutes, one of them was also leaning at an angle because of the way it is made and it still stood all by itself. Now, I guess what I want to know is this, how many of us actually think of standing a broom in the middle of the floor on a daily basis whether or not the planets are aligned? My guess is not a lot, so how do we know or not whether this can actually be done when the planets are not aligned? I guess my actual questions are these; have any of you actually heard of this before, have you done it, and why would this work because of the planets being aligned if this is really the reason why this is occurring? Thanks
9 answers 9