Is vegas really "sin City" as they say?

I thought prostitution was illegal there with heavy fines. Are there really call girls and prosties littered in the casinos?

Favorite Answer

Sin city is appropriately named, not because of the sin, but because anything within reason you want is available. In Sin City it is illegal to prostitute, solicit a prostitute, or promote prostitution. Still if you go on the strip there are billboards advertising services and dozens of people passing out cards that offer sexual services. Las Vegas has the same vices as other cities, and I do wonder why they have a law about prostitution and allow such blatant advertisements.

Still, the city is my favorite vacation spot to go with my wife. It is clean (near the strip) and very safe. I don't use these types of services and find that they are a nuisance we could well do without.

• Bandit

Prostitution is illegal in Clark County. But the phone book has at least 100 pages of ads for escort and massage services which front prostitution. (according to Metro Chief of Police). Although the hotels make an effort to "clean up" prostitution on their properties, hookers can be found in the casino bars quite easily. The problem is with enforcement.

The police run sting operations and arrest prostitutes and pimps daily, but when willing buyers meet willing sellers, it's hard to stop. Many tourists come here with the expectation of buying sex and there will always be willing sellers.

Nevada is one of only two U.S. states that allow some legal prostitution; in most of its rural counties brothels are legalized and heavily regulated. (In Rhode Island, the act of sex for money is not illegal, but operating a brothel, pimping and street prostitution are illegal.) Prostitution outside the licensed brothels is illegal throughout Nevada. Contrary to popular belief, prostitution is illegal in Las Vegas (and in Clark County which contains its metropolitan area). Currently 8 out of Nevada's 16 counties have active brothels; as of June/July 2008 there were 28 legal brothels in Nevada

No, there are "escorts" in the casinos and they are pretty discrete. But even thought prostitution is illegal in the city of Vegas it is legal in the county. All you have to do is hop in a cab and drive out to one of the legal brothels.

Plus Vegas has lots of clubs, bars, gambling, food buffets, and strippers. All the other fun Deadly Sins.

Uh yeah, I was at the Tropicana last week and got propositioned 3 times eew.

Another funny story, once I was standing outside by my car and an illegal immigrant tried to pick me up as a male prostitute!

Source(s): I live in **** city.
  • ?

it is illegal in the city limits but you have "bunny ranches" outside the city limits, and yes there are lots of "strippers" for your room and pamphlets littering the street with nudity

the casinos have cleaned up their image and added family activities but the east side of vegas is a rough place.

yes, they are pretty much everywhere but they're discrete about it. prostitution is illigel unless you head out to pahrump, but casinos try to keep it classy-sexy :p

• B

yep they are everywhere!

No L.A and N.Y. are worse