Bill asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

Should I trade Cedric Benson for Philip Rivers in Fantasy football?

Here's my lineup:

Brett Favre or Matt Cassel

Chris Johnson

Cedric Benson

Willis McGahee

Greg Jennings

Brandon Marshall

Josh Morgan

Brent Celek

Titans D

Just to let you know I'm in an 18 team league if you think my team doesn't look great

Update:

Here's my lineup:

Brett Favre or Matt Cassel

Chris Johnson

Cedric Benson

Willis McGahee

Greg Jennings

Brandon Marshall

Josh Morgan

Brent Celek

Titans D

Just to let you know I'm in an 18 team league if you think my team doesn't look great

Also, this is my starting lineup... My backup rbs and wrs aren't very good

Update 2:

Also, this is my starting lineup... My backup rbs and wrs aren't very good

Update 3:

This trade was offered to me

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I'd be surprised that if the other guy goes for it, quite honestly. Philip Rivers is the AJ Burnett of fantasy football: he comes highly hyped, but then stinks it up on the day you start him. That being said, however, he is highly thought of as one of the best QB's in fantasy football, even if it is undeservedly so.

And Benson plays for the Bengals, who are having issues with their O-Line. He might put up a solid 10-12 pts per week, but I doubt you'll see much more out of him on a regular basis.

• Lori
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

You're team seems amazing depending on how many people are in your league. If I were you I would start Cedric Benson. He's young and less likely to get hurt. Also, he is on an up and coming team while Thomas Jones's Jets probably won't make it to the playoffs. Benson showed signs of promise last year and the Bear's really don't have another running back for him to compete with. The Jets have Leon Washington. Jeff Wilkins should be okay at starting kicker.

• I would if you could package Benson with Cassell and get Rivers and some usable rb back.

• 1 decade ago

I'd keep Cedric Benson. He's got lots of talent and will do well for your team.

Hope that helps.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

heck yes philip rivers will help your teams offense plus if you have willis mcgahee start him cause he get all the TD while ray rice get the yards

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.