Error in C:\Windows\System 32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86 HELP PLEASE?

Right after I got off the phone with a tech support person (2 hour call), regarding a Lexmark printer, My computer now has this big ERROR: popup come on every time I turn on my computer. "Error in C:\Windows\System 32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\LXCFtime.dll Missing entry Run DLL"....? The tech remotely took over my computer to try to repair some other problem, that one got fixed now I have this one & I am really reluctant to spend another 2 hours on the phone! Anyone of you computer wizardy types out there have any ideas about how I can get rid of this error popup? Thank you for your know-how & time.

• a
    Favorite Answer

Can you browse to that file, remove the DLL, and re-install Lexmark drivers?

And if that doesn't work, let the tech take control of your computer for another 2 hours while you watch a movie. They're the ones getting paid ;)

You most likely have a virus! Here are some steps: -Download CCleaner (its free) -Run CCleaner -Download A proficient Anti-Virus -Download a virus scanner (I don't know of any right now) -MAke sure NO ONE is tampering with your System 32 files! -If it is that bad (well vista is horrible) then run system restore and take it from there. If the problem persists then you must contact WINDOWS technichal support through fun. If you're computer is in warranty they may fix this at no additional charge (just be patient with them there accents are very hard to understand!)

Hi,bluejay

There are 3 step to repair lxcftime.dll error

If you got lxcftime.dll error then there is a 94% chance that your computer has registry problems. To repair lxcftime.dll error you need to follow the steps below:

* Step 1 - Download a lxcftime.dll error repair tool,install this error repair tool.

* Step 2 - Click the Repair All Button.It will scan you pc for Free.

* Step 3 - Then click the Repair All Button again and your done! It is very easy to repair lxcftime.dll error.

Here are the url of lxcftime.dll error repair tool:http://www.fixerrorsoon.com/ttfix-lxcftime.dll_err...

The problem is that the install from the Lexmark did not install the needed files or it missed them.

What i would do to clear this issue is to clean the windows registry then uninstall the Lexmark Printer Software. (Then reinstall it back)

The problem is with this software's behavior at START UP.

Try reinstall your Lexmark Printer Software.

If not disable it from start-up so it will go away.

(Click Start > Run > type "msconfig" press enter > click the startup tab )

Source(s): Researched.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Right after I got off the phone with a tech support person (2 hour call), regarding a Lexmark printer, My computer now has this big ERROR: popup come on every time I turn on my computer. "Error in C:\Windows\System 32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\LXCFtime.dll Missing...

Source(s): error 92 windows 92 system 32 92 spool 92 drivers 92 w32x86 please: https://tinyurl.im/XSxWw

This error popup is known to be caused by Lexmark printers. There is a solution to this error but you will have to start the printer manually:

1.-Go to Start>>Run... (In windows XP)

-Go to "Start" and type in the search field Run and click on the first program(Run) (In windows Vista) .

2. In the Run... window type: "msconfig" (without quotes)

3. Press Ok (In windows vista you will have to press Continue after OK)

4. Click on the startup tab.

5.Uncheck the LXCFCATS item.

6. Restart your computer.

7. This solution should get rid of the error pop-up.

N.B.: After restarting your computer you will get a message, just check the bottom where it says not to display the message again.

As I said in the beginning you will have to turn on the printer manually .

HOW TO FIX CORRUPTED SYSTEM FILES

1. Go to Start -> Run -> type sfc /scannow ->hit ok.

It will ask you to insert a Windows installation disc.

2. Insert the disc and let the SFC utility run

3. SFC will check/repair changes made to the main system files.

HOW TO FIX WINDOWS STOP ERROR MESSAGES

("I turn on my PC it shows the error message that shows a countdown to turn off your pc")

You need to get exactly what the error message says and write it down but the computer shuts down before you have a chance,so you need to do this.

1.Rt click on "My computer" and choose "Properties" -> "Advanced"-> click on settings in "Startup and Recovery" and uncheck "Automatically Restart" and hit ok.

2.Go to Start -> Run -> type cmd -> hit ok -> type chkdsk /f hit enter and press "y" for yes and let it run.

3.When it's done restart your computer.

Go here for more help.

http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

Stay Safe Out There (^.^)

Do a system restore to where the computer was working fine. If you the problem started with your printer uninstall the printer and reload the latest software and drivers

I'd start by downloading ccleaner (free) and doing a registry scan to fix registry errors.

• ?

Lxcftime.dll