Why do they call Obama a Marxist?

Sen. Obama cited new economic forces to explain what appears like a return to an older-style big-government Democratic platform skeptical of market forces. "Globalization and technology and automation all weaken the position of workers," he said, and a strong government hand is needed to assure that... show more Sen. Obama cited new economic forces to explain what appears like a return to an older-style big-government Democratic platform skeptical of market forces. "Globalization and technology and automation all weaken the position of workers," he said, and a strong government hand is needed to assure that wealth is distributed more equitably. He spoke aboard his campaign bus, where a big-screen TV was tuned to the final holes of the U.S. Open golf tournament.

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/p...

“It’s not that I want to punish your success,” Obama explained. “I just want to make sure that everybody who is behind you, that they’ve got a chance for success too. My attitude is that if the economy’s good for folks from the bottom up, it’s gonna be good for everybody … I think when you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody.”

Now Karl Marx ...

"The emancipation of labor demands the promotion of the instruments of labor to the... conversion into the common property of society and the co-operative regulation of the total labor, with the undiminished distribution of the proceeds of labor."

"In a higher phase of communist society, after the enslaving subordination of the individual to the division of labor, and therewith also the antithesis between mental and physical labor, has vanished; after labor has become not only a means of life but life's prime want; after the productive forces have also increased with the all-around development of the individual, and all the springs of co-operative wealth flow more abundantly—only then can the narrow horizon of bourgeois right be crossed in its entirety and society inscribe on its banners: From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs!"
______________________________________...

Is it really that much of a stretch to see the similarities?

Are his views the views of Jefferson, Adams, and Locke, or are they the views of Karl Marx?

http://www.age-of-the-sage.org/philosoph...
Update: Yeah, that's what I thought ;)
Update 2: Thanks for responding folks. We may be wasting our time. I guess being a Marxist is cool now since "that one" is one.

Long time no see Donald!