Why does Sacha Baron Cohen make fun of religion?

in his latest film, bruno, and during his Da Ali G show, he's making fun of priests being gay or having secret relationships with nuns. what's up his? i know he comes from a strict jewish background.

Yeah V, i think there's something up us all. its not funny to make fun of someone else's religion. i wont mind if he converts to christianity and THEN does it

Favorite Answer

Sacha Baron Cohen is simply unfunny and a bigot.

Firstly, just to correct someone: Baron Cohen was not persecuted at Cambridge! He appeared in a wonderful production of 'Fiddler On The Roof' which brought the house down! Nor was he the only Jewish student there though granted, there aren't many and weren't many when he was there.

To the asker:

I've just emailed you, as it happens, to point out that you have wrongly stated that Judaism enforces the death penalty left, right and centre. To answer this latest post: Baron Cohen is a comedian. Religion is an obvious target. He makes jokes about many faiths, not just Christianity.

Personally, I think he used to be a lot more amusing than he is now. I think he goes too far.

I don't think he can be that religious - he's living with a non Jewish woman who hasn't converted, though they've had a child together. So he's certainly not Orthodox.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): sacha baron cohen fun religion: https://tr.im/VOoRh

Really? You think it has to do with his Jewish background?

Have you watched his movies?

No one who watches that stuff could ever possibly take him seriously. Come on. It's ALL about shock value. Plus, he has no filter.

• Mike S

It's open season on all religions except Islam. Good luck to you

• Naoned

There's a lot of material to make fun of there.

Because the movie doesn't go out to Christians. He does it for laughs.

He is just making a joke. Lighten up.

Trust me hes worse in borat but its funny all the same

I luv his chractor in Madagasker movies... dying to watch bruno . is that a good movie? or just stupid.?

so what? what's so surprising about a comedian making fun of the hypocrisy of the religious?