Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 1 decade ago

need information on silver peices neme queen city silver co, cinn o #08073 on bottom is it silver?

antique tea set

Favorite Answer

There were lots of silver companies in Cincinnati. Queen City Silver co. produced real silver work 1888-1949. Here's an article about Cincinnati silver (with photos) from one of the appraisers on antiques Roadshow. So I think he knows what he's talking about. Lists some books to check out.

http://www.go-star.com/antiquing/cowans_corner0707...

Queen City Silver Co

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

antique tea set

Source(s): information silver peices neme queen city silver cinn 08073 bottom silver: https://shortly.im/j0dxI

Hm... Well, yeah, logically that would have been better. But Harry was in Gryffindor,daring, nerve and chivalry set gryffindors apart, not Ravenclaw, the smart ones that would have thought of that, lol. Also, the surface of the lake/pond was frozen, so it would have taken a long time to get melt the ice, and then start warming the water below, and it was winter time, and it was freezing outside, so I don't know if Harry could have done much, he might have melted a bit of the ice, but I think it was so cold outside, that he couldn't have done much. I'm sure there's a more powerful spell to make heat come out of the end of your wand, a bit like the one Hermione used to melt some of the snow, but the thing is, that's more of a Hermione-ish spell, if you get me. Harry might not have taken much time to master it, and Harry is chivalrous so he didn't go ask Hermione to complete this task for him. I guess you are right though he might have been able to do something to make the situation a bit better, but it wouldn't have been very exiting if you read "Harry sat by the pond for an hour warming the water" would it? Anyway, I guess Harry was brave to go plunging into the cold water, and it made for a very exiting story. And even if he had warmed the water first, the locket would have tried to strangle him, but in warm water, it wouldn't have had the same aspect. Well done for thinking this one out, but I don't think Harry was the type of guy to wait until the water was warm and comfortable before retrieving the sword, he was daring, brave and chivalrous, a gryffindor, and not a smart ravenclaw who would have thought it out. :) Nice question, I'll star it.