Deej asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

what are some good workout tips that will help me get into shape quick?

im 22 5'6" and weigh 178lbs. im sick of being fat and repulsed when i look in the mirror at my body. i just would like to know some great workout tips to help me get fit and lose about 40 lbs in 2 months

Favorite Answer

well the best way to lose weight is to run everyday morning and night or after for hour and of course you wont be able to run the whole 1 hour as your not in shape yet so try to run for 30 minutes or more if you can and then walk for like 10 minutes and then run until you get to an hour and if your finally able to run the whole 1 hour start running for 2 hours

also start weight lifting as well as muscle burns fat so just get normal 15 lb or lighter if its to heavy and do curls dumbbell presses etc and most important of all do free weights such as push ups and if your unable to do allot of push ups do like 10 rest 10 seconds 10 rest 10 rest until you get to 100 or 200 if you can also get a bar and try to do pull ups front wards and you probably wont be able to so try really hard and go to the top and go down slowly, and you will have to do ab workouts like crunches and raise your legs

and do a quick warm up and and stretch before you lift and also with running do a quick warm up run like 10 minutes then stretch and start your 1 hour run

the other most important key fact to weight loss is a big change in your diet which mean more calories out then in so no to any fast food for the rest of your life unless you want be fat the rest of your life, don't eat any junk foods high in fat like donuts and stuff like that because if your going to be burning like 1000 calories and then eating 3000 calories you wont be losing fat but instead just gaining fat and the only difference will be you will be gaining 10 lbs everyday instead of 5 lbs

what you should eat is salad fruit vegetables yogurt eat meat but not one in a kfc bucket a kind that homemade eat eggs also good in protein

follow these steps and i guarantee you of you being fit

• andrew

I used to be fat. I killed myself in order to get fit. I woke up at 5am cardio for 1 hour. Then in the evening I would either do another hour of cardio or resistence training.

After 2 months-- I wasn't fat anymore. After 3 months I was looking damn good.

But like I said I had to kill myself to do it. You can do it too you just have to really commit.

Here's my advice. Try what I did for 2 weeks. Because after 2 weeks? After REALLY pushing myself. I already began to see the benefits! And after 3 weeks I saw more. And after a month-- I used to be horrified by what I saw in the mirror but after about a month I started to like what I saw!

So after that it became easier and easier to push myself because I was seeing results in the mirror and on the scale.

MOST IMPORTANT ADVICE: If you do what I say above-- you may or may not gain weight the first 1-2 weeks. Don't worry. That's all muscle. Not bulky muscle but since you're a fatty, obviously you don't have a lot of muscle. But trust me, after that initial 1-2 weeks-- it's all weight loss. Give it a shot I've been where you are.