Hell Explained By A Chemistry Student?

I got this as a chain mail, and it made me chuckle.

The following is an actual question given on a University

of Washington chemistry mid term.

The answer by one student was so 'profound' that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which , of course, is why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well:

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today.

Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle 's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, 'It will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you,' and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number two must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over! The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct......leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting 'Oh my God.'

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED AN A+

Favorite Answer

real or fake, that rocked. :)

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Hell Explained By A Chemistry Student?

of Washington chemistry mid term.

The answer by one student was so 'profound' that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the...

Source(s): hell explained chemistry student: https://shortly.im/wjRkb

He must have been a really smart student to have finished the test fast enough to have that much free time for the bonus question.

LOL!

He deserved an A+, no lie.

Best explanation of Hell EVER!

Source(s): WWHMJD? HE WOULD ROCK!!! Thou shalt turn thy music UP!
  • Starr

Nice but no one can tell me anything about hell until someone can tell me where in the hell is hell located.

• Ericka

Very interesting.

What a "great theory",

and an interesting concept!

This makes me laugh every time I read it.

even on yahoo answers we cant avoid email spam