Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Is JJ Barea underrated?

I think so. For a 5-10 guy (he ain't 6 feet, which is his billed height), he plays big. He can shoot, he is quick, he can penetrate, and can play some decent defense (he harrassed Parker during the playoffs).

Update:

Yeah, Nickster, I am a Lakers fan, and I remember that game when Barea just was on fire against the Lakers

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

What up Dave Oba Kob,

JJ Barea is definitely under-rated. i remember watching him play last year against my Lakers and i think the Mavs would have beat the Lakers (during the regular season) last year had Barea played more than Kidd. It seemed like whenever he came in - his quickness and ability to penetrate and kick was quite amazing. He's definitely under-rated and i think he's good enough to start for some teams in the NBA.

Nickster

• Login to reply the answers
  • EN
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Barea is underrated.

His collegiate career is wonderful, yet many believe it is all about playing in a weak conference. However, he leverages his footspeed, handling and shooting to surprise the crowd again and again.

Like fellow Puerto Rican PG Arroyo, Barea is an okay but not spectacular defender - it is not just about whether you can stay in front of your opponents, but also the techinque to alter and bother your opponents' usual plays, which is an area Barea must improve by now.

Barea should be a better prospect than Arroyo in the long run as he shows some Nash moments, but it is still a long way for him to cement a spot in NBA.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, he is not 5'10, he is actually 5'6 5'7.

Yes he is very underrated. Too me he is a starter.. He is as good as one, when Kidd retires, Barea will start.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, he is underrated, and he's one of my favorite players, because he's small, liek me, 5"1/2.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • spxd.
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes i think he is, its only been his third year of the NBA and hes just getting better and better. Soon enough i think he will spring out into a good performing season.

Source(s): He proved himself to be a great asset to the team when the Mavs had Stackhouse , J howard and J terry injured.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah he is very underrated I can tell you that.

• 1 decade ago

yeah he is underrated. I hope he continues to improve.

• 1 decade ago

I think so

• 1 decade ago

who is he?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.