Should muslims be fined $1500 yearly for wearing headscarves? (muslim veil)?

Women wearing Muslim head coverings should be fined 1,000 euros (1,461 dollars) per year, Dutch lawmaker Geert Wilders told parliament on Wednesday. Wilders, leader of the liberal-right Freedom Party PVV made his remarks during a parliamentary debate about the government's budget plans.

"Everyone who wants to wear a headscarf, should first apply for a headscarf license," Wilders said. He added the fine, which he called a "head rags tax," was meant to "demotivate" people to wear Muslim attire.

Wilders also announced that on Thursday he would file a motion against the government following its refusal to reply to the Freedom Party's request to calculate the "entire expenses of mass immigration."

The PVV said it would soon launch its own investigation to calculate the combined costs of mass immigration.

The party leader, who is highly critical of Islam and migrants, invited the Dutch electorate to assist the Freedom Party by providing information migration on a new website: www.watkostdemassaimmigratie.nl.

Wilders proposed to stop all immigration to ensure retired Dutch nationals would retain their monthly state incomes in the coming years.

The government's budget plans, announced on Tuesday, indicated part of the burden of proposed savings resulting from the economic crisis would be carried cuts in care for the elderly.

Favorite Answer

No.

They should be fined $15,000 for wearing them.

Tax the living sh*t out of muzzies, make it too expensive for them to stay in Europe and maybe they'll go back to the medieval troglydite muslim terrorist country they came from.

That's one thing about Western Europe I cannot stand. They're so hostile to a free exchange of ideas from EITHER side of the extreme. You have racists like Wilders on the far European Right who want to legislate their narrow definition of morality and you have equally crazy lunatics on the far European Left who want to criminalize speech.

One of a few reasons why I'm glad to be American.

Source(s): Liberal

I disagree with just about every single thing Muslims are and stand for, but to tell them they're not allowed to wear head scarves under penalty of fine or imprisonment is even worse as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone who would propose and carry out such a law ought to be watching it repealed from behind BARS.

Liberal-right? Isn't that an oxymoron?

This is wildly racist. No way you can prevent someone from practicing their religious beliefs. And if I could think of one unoffensive garment in the entire world, a burka would be it. Unless, of course, you're a racist.

This is so ridiculous - fined for covering up, while other women walk around half naked?! Yeah, that makes perfect sense

I don't care what people wear, except the younger women who work with me. Someone ought to start a hootchie momma tax.

is wrong so if you wear a scarf anytime of the year you get fined ? that is a violation of human rights .

I am so glad that isn't happening in America! It is wrong and idiotic!

How about you get fined $1500 for spamming.

make up your mind head scarf or veil which is it