How does a Jehovah's Witness leave in good standing if they choose not to be JW anymore?

The Watchtower claims not to be a cult and you get baptized in good standing with unconditional love. But if one chooses not to go with the "new light" doctrines and decides not to be a part of the organization anymore and want to leave not based on some horrible sin...how do you leave in good standing without being shunned? you are not even allowed to have lunch with active JW's because now your viewed as a product of satan? Does the unconditinal love still apply when you leave?This is a tactic that the cults use in order to keep its members in house. I would like to know if anyone knows ex JW's who left in good standing ...I appreciate answers from both current and ex JW's.

I guess I need to be more specific here. When one decides to disassociate themselves in good standing as one of Jehovah's Witnesses formally, can they still associate with Active JW's? Meaning , leaving in good standing.

• Rick G
    Favorite Answer

There are many that just wander off, getting too busy chasing the all-Mighty dollar, or some other "normal" mundane life course. (like the people in Noah's day, remember, too busy to listen or get on the Ark).

There is a difference when you "disassociate" yourself. You are saying, in effect, "I do not want to be Known as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I do not believe in the values and message that they carry, and I want all people in the congregation to know that I am not a servant of Jehovah God".

That is a repudiation of all our beliefs and is in fact more severe than being "disfellowshipped" since it is a denial of the faith, not just an unwillingness to admit to some sinful activity.

So, there is not such thing as being disassociated "in good standing".

As Tina says, if you wander out and back, no problem. You make a statement that you are No longer one of Jehovah's servants, then that is taking a step away.

• Peter

The believrs of Jesus Christ face the Rapture of the chuch one day as an early departure or plight from the world.

They do not have to a special Jehovah pass nor membership that realizes them a ticket or accepatnce recognition of sorts.

Spoeciall watchtower certifacates of approval even may not be enough.

Embosswed and colored apsses of commiittment to an organization does not mean rigthful entry nor exit with the Rapture of the Church.

Source(s): I though my response may humour you . The real efforts of the church of Christ are really what counts as we learn it is not how and where we attend and with whatever organizaqtion that is important. Jesus Christ said," I am the way the truth and the life no man cometh to the Father but through me"

There's no honorable way to leave :-( The front door in has a nice lit pathway but to leave you have to exit the back door followed by a darkened cliff. This is why there is such a huge "conscience class" that no longer believe in the WBTS doctrines but stay under the radar so they can still maintain contact with friends and family. I know MANY of these "faders" that are technically "still in" for this reason. Can you say double agent?

MM777

To be in good standing before Jehovah God, we need to be part of his people.

If you choose not be JW anymore...

Why do you want to be around Jehovah's Witnesses?

Are you missing something?

If you leave Jehovah... you also leave his people...

James 4:4: Adulteresses, do YOU not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God.

2 John 9-11: Everyone that pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. He that does remain in this teaching is the one that has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to YOU and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into YOUR homes or say a greeting to him. 11 For he that says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.

Anyone can leave whenever they want. No one is forced to stay and as long as they are not doing anything unscriptural, they are not "shunned". I have left several times, and never thought that I couldnt return or talk to my friends on the street, but I always came back because of the hypocrisy I found every where else. We are not a cult.

Source(s): experience
  • g'kar

if you disassociate yourself in letter then obviously you cant leave in good standing, however if you just leave to get on with your life, then what is the problem. surely if you really are a JW you would know this.

Funny. Many so called "bible believing Christians" disagree with the way Jehovah's Witnesses disfellowship, when i fact is clearly shown in the Bible that it was practiced within with the early Christian congregation.

Lord only knows.

When they visit my home, I gently remind them I have my own religious views and that there is a separation of church and state in this country.

My state - their church. 10 seconds to leave.