should i report this doctor or at least check into his practices?

my husband went to see a neurologist.he was so hateful and rude and thought he knew it all.well to do some tests he took a safety pin off his bookshelf that was just laying there and poked my husband on the face,arms,legs,then the bottom of his feet.he then put the safety pin back on his shelf.i am wondering if it gets sanitized after each patient.my husband is diabetic and was already in the hospitol with a staff infection this year.is there anything i can do?thanx:)

Favorite Answer

You could, maybe even should report him, but it's not going to do much good. You really can't do anything because he's a jerk. However the needle thing is another matter. The problem with that is that like you said, you don't know if he cleaned it between patients. If someone come snooping around, all he's gotta do is say that he cleans it between every use, unless you have an eyewitness to say he didn't. Besides, maybe he did and you just didn't know.

As for who to report him to, it is not the Medical Board. They do not have the abiility, maybe not even the aurthority to investigated this. The proper authority is the County or City Health department.

Report him to the medical board. Don't let doctor's get away with this sort of treatment. I recently saw a doctor for my diabetes who lectured me on how I don't take care of myself properly by coming in every few months for very expensive blood testing. When I told her that I hadn't had medical insurance for awhile and couldn't afford the tests she told me:

"Well, if you're not going to keep up with the testing, then don't do anything at all. Don't bother even getting medication. Go home."

So basically she told me to go die.

I reported her and she lost her job at that clinic.

• J.D.

turn him in asap--we had a doc like this-he got fired in a week-once we put the word out his nurses thanked us n 106 people turned him in too-he didnt use gloves-he used dirty things n was rude-