How can I get the financial statements for an LLC?

I am applying for a job by an LLC and I would like to check their financial statements to see if they have too much debt and if they have rising and steady earnings.

Favorite Answer

If it is public company check on yahoo finance.

If it is a private company you are out of luck to check the financial statements, with a few exceptions. State banks have to send many reports to the state and some of these reports are available.

Now, there are a few things you can do to check up on a business. I will give you a few suggestion on areas to look into:

- look up any "secured" debt they have, UCC filings at county clerk office is one type

- buy the D&B report, it lists some kinds of debt, not sure what the cheapest source is

- look them up on BBB (it's free!)

Otherwise, that is kinda why it's called a private business and not public. The major information on the business is mostly private.