How does a pereson become a public speaker?

I am really intrested in becoming a motivational/public speaker. I have contacted several connections I have in my local school system, college, and youth outreach prgogram coordinators. If you are a publci speaker, or knwo someone who is, how did they get started in such a rewarding profession?

Serious tips and advice please. Thanks

• Debbie
    Favorite Answer

There are lots of things you could do. Attend a Toastmasters meeting for good practice in public speaking and an excellent venue to meet others interested in the same thing. Join your debate team at school. If you're ready to start now- what subject do you want to speak on? Advertise and hold a seminar and just do it! Good Luck to you

First step: A good liberal arts education with special attention to English (including spelling).

Take some speech classes in either high school or community college. Talk to your speech teacher and guidance counselor for more ideas.