if i buy the new Motorola CLIQ will i have to buy internet or can i just use it without internet?

i have a samsung gravity now and i hate it. im hoping to buy a new phone in January and i want to know if i get this phone will i have to pay and get internet or will i be able to just use it without internet. if i cant get this phone without buying internet what are some other good t-mobile phones that are touchscreen and have 3G. thanks BEST ANSWER FOR THE BEST ANSWER..... please give a list of the touchscreen t-mobile phones.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes! You will have to have a Data plan.

Touch screen phones that you can have without Data

Samsung Highlight

Samsung Memoir

Samsung Behold

not much sadly... And the salesman will probably tell you you need to have data, but on those three phones it is possible to make it activated without data. if you get one of these make sure you don't you any widgets like "Weather" that will cost you but you can use the Time widget,Calender,Picture widgets..

Source(s): Lots of research and friends with the behold with out the data plan
  • 1 decade ago

If you purchase a new "smart" phone from AT&T or Verizon now they both require the purchase of a data plan with the phone. If T doesn't now, they likely will.

How to get around this. Purchase an unlocked phone with the features you want. I went the route of the Nokia N97 and it does the job for me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.