[ 2 Q's ] What was the major reason why your favorite MLB team is going to miss OR make the playoffs this year?

As for my favorite team, the St. Louis Cardinals, the major reason why they are going to win the NL Central division is because they made the best deal of the year by trading prospects for Matt Holliday. There was nothing else close that made an impact like that trade.

Q1: What was the major reason why your favorite MLB team is going to miss OR make the playoffs this year?

Q2: Was the reason you stated going to affect your team only for this season or carry into next season?

Favorite Answer

Q1 - Jesus hates the Cubs

Q2 - 100 years & counting

Source(s): Eamus Catuli

Q1: Not sure the Braves are gonna need great pitching, run support and little bit of luck to make the playoffs. Luck meaning they need to win the Marlins and Phillie lose, and not lose when they win. Or if they can win the wild card, which right now looks like they have a better chance with the divison. I hope they are still in the race, lets pray they sweep the Mets!

I'm for Pujouls and the Cardinals this post-season if the Braves dont make it.

Q2: Maybe, more what Frank Wren does in the off-season. The players we got this year have really helped. Nate McLouth, Adam LaRoche, David Ross, Javy Vasquez, have all played their part. Dereck Lowe and Garrett Anderson seem to be the ones that don't come through when you need them. With a strong farm-system I think that the Braves will make the playoffs at latest next year. The Braves have young pitching(Tommy Hanson, Jair Jurrjens, Kris Medlen). If not this year than next year! Lets keep hoping.

Hanson has been great, and going to be the National League rookie of the year ;)

The Giants have the best pitching in the league, unfortunately, they have the WORST offense. They can't capitalize on anything, and can't ever seem to get consecutive hits. The only player in the lineup that is hitting above .300 is Sandaval, and he's been slumping this month.

I really hope the giants are able to pick up a bat or two for next season. I'd be willing to get rid of Molina, Renteria, and Winn; even Jonathan Sanchez if it means getting some offense.

Source(s): Watching the game now... :/
  • .

Major reason- Are pitching. Lincecum, Cain, Zito, and everyone else has carried else to where we are today and that is fighting for a playoff spot. Also Sandoval and Bengie when healthy have really provided the offensive spark this year. Same with Uribe.

Might miss the playoffs- Offense is terrible. After are pitchers put on a great pitching performance are offense can't put up 2 or 3 runs to win the game. It's pathetic to watch. Also, with Bochy rather playing the older players then are younger players. Sabean not being able to trade for good talent.

Q1 - the starting pitching. This was supposed to be the strength of the team going into the season, but between injuries (Perkins, Slowey) and ineffectiveness (Liriano, Blackburn after the All-Star break) that has become the Achilles heel. The power and offense has been even better, the bullpen has not collapsed near the end like last year, so the starters have been the problem.

Q2 - this will be the biggest question mark heading to Target Field. Slowey will probably become the ace once he is healed, Baker is pretty safe - after that, it is a crapshoot.

• Q1: Simply the pitching. You'd think the Brewers could have done something about this since it was glaring them right in the face before the season even began. They hung all their hopes on the Young Yovani Gallardo. Yes, Yo's good. But they didn't get anyone else! They lost Sheets and Sabathia and they think Looper's the answer?

The bats are good, the defense is good-the pitching is terrible.

Q2: It better be only this season. Seriously, they know what they have to do. A fairweather fan would know what they have to do. They fill Miller Park over and over again, they have money somewhere. They get pitching and the Brewers give you a challenge next season. Trust me on this.

• TWAS

I am not a Cardinal fan, but I would say that the pitching the Cardinals received meant just as much if not more than Holiday. Who would have thought Carpenter would have been this good and the Cubs would have folder. Those also play into it. I am pulling for the Cards in the national league.

To answer your question about my team the Mets, oh god where do I begin.

1) Injuries

2) Lack of ability to get big hits

3) Lack of field ability

4) slumps by big hitters

5) Middle relieve issues

6) No heart

7) too much pressure from NY media

8) Do I have to go on with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The major reason the Rays will miss the playoffs this year is because of the past 15 games or so. They had an 11 game losing streak that has completely knocked them out of a wild card spot. And who is to blame? The bullpen. It has been a complete joke for most of the year and a major reason the starters numbers look so bad. The offense has exceeded expectations for me this year and the defense was solid.

If there aren't major upgrades this offseason, then yes the bullpen will set fire to any hopes of the Rays contending for a playoff spot next year.

• Big D

Q1: If the Rangers do end up missing the playoffs it will be because of the offensive struggles and the pitching as of late. The starters haven't been effective lately and the offense has been in a big funk right now and with the magic numbers coming time's running out on the Rangers.

Q2: Only this season. this young guys will learn what it takes to take a step forward next year.

I'm pulling for your Cards if the Rangers don't get in. Good luck Power.

Q1: Young pitching, and inconsistency. Oh yea, and the 9 game losing streak really turn the Blue Jays around, if that didn't happen, your looking at a Top Tier, First place team.

Q2: Only for this season, the Blue Jays will hopefully come back strong, and with the addition of a couple new things, can win it all.

• Rob K

1. Phillies obviously will make the playoffs, and here's why; As usual, deep in offense - FOUR 30+ Homerun Hitters (Howard, Werth, Ibanez, Utley). Top notch defense (I expect Gold Gloves to Victorino, Rollins and Utley's first.). Finally, pitching depth when they acquired Cliff Lee and added J.A. Happ to the rotation (NL Rookie Of The Year.), also the addition of the very steady Pedro Martinez.

2. I'm not sure that question two applies here. Everyone on the roster will be back, the only two players that need to be resigned are Joe Blanton and Jayson Werth. So I expect them to be resigned, and the team to be just as strong next year if any failures unfortunately do occur.