[ 2 Q's ] What was the major reason why your favorite MLB team is going to miss OR make the playoffs this year?

As for my favorite team, the St. Louis Cardinals, the major reason why they are going to win the NL Central division is because they made the best deal of the year by trading prospects for Matt Holliday. There was nothing else close that made an impact like that trade. Q1: What was the major reason why your... show more As for my favorite team, the St. Louis Cardinals, the major reason why they are going to win the NL Central division is because they made the best deal of the year by trading prospects for Matt Holliday. There was nothing else close that made an impact like that trade.

Q1: What was the major reason why your favorite MLB team is going to miss OR make the playoffs this year?

Q2: Was the reason you stated going to affect your team only for this season or carry into next season?