Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

How do you make ginger tea?

For nausea. And does it really work for nausea?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

it really does work.

i just scrape the skin off a nub of ginger with the back of a spoon, then slice it into little discs a little thicker than a quarter. put it in a mug n pour boiling water over it. i really like how it tastes, too.

• 1 decade ago

This recipe is over at About.com:Alternative Medicine

---->>>http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/3/a/Ginger_Tea.htm

Ginger Tea Recipe - How to Make Ginger Tea

How to Make Ginger Tea

By Cathy Wong, About.com

Updated: September 20, 2007

About.com Health's Disease and Condition content is reviewed by our Medical Review Board

Ginger tea has a spicy, invigorating taste. It's used as a home remedy for indigestion, nausea, and to ward off colds, flu, and sore throats.

Ginger tea is very easy to make. Here is a recipe for you to try.

Ginger Tea Recipe

# water, 4 cups

# 2-inch piece of fresh ginger root

# optional: honey and lemon slice

Peel the ginger root and slice it into thin slices. Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Once it is boiling, add the ginger. Cover it and reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes. Strain the tea. Add honey and lemon to taste.

Note: Keep in mind that if you are making ginger tea as a home remedy during cold and flu season, sweeteners are not recommended.

I hope you feel better soon!

Source(s): About.com:Alternative Medicine It's the one I use.
  • 1 decade ago

yes it calms your stomach. I put a few slices of fresh ginger in the hot water along with some honey and lime. It is yummy even when you're not nauseous. Here is a recipe.

Ginger Tea Recipe

•water, 4 cups

•2-inch piece of fresh ginger root

•optional: honey and lemon slice

Peel the ginger root and slice it into thin slices. Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Once it is boiling, add the ginger. Cover it and reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes. Strain the tea. Add honey and lemon to taste.

Note: Keep in mind that if you are making ginger tea as a home remedy during cold and flu season, sweeteners are not recommended.

• 1 decade ago

Ginger tea is sold pretty much anywhere and if you go to an Asian market, you will have a better variety. My relatives love the instant ginger drink which is in a crystallized form and you just add hot water. It does work but you may not like the taste so add honey. Ginger is just strong and it's not for everyone taste.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

milk, vinager, and ice plus water of course

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.