Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

When you accept Christ into your heart, how do you distinguish yourself from your old friends?

When you accept Christ into your heart, how do you distinguish yourself from your old friends so that you do not go back to that lifestyle? I try to get away from them, but then they seem not to see me anymore, and I start to feel incredibly lonely and left out...so I go back. Even though I'm not doing the partying anymore that I used to, I just don't feel that incredibly close connection to God anymore...not like I did. I've fell back many times, but I've always came back to God. He's been so patient with me; always having His arms ready for me. But how do I stop straying from Him, which I tend to do repeatedly? I don't understand, do you have some thoughts?

By all means continue being friends and talk to God about this issue you'll feel so much better when you do. Refrain from old habits and tell your friends to respect not wanting to do things that you feel are inappropriate.

Source(s): lets just say.. im struggling with a similar problem.

Question belongs in Society and Cultures as it over there please.