Should I ask my co-worker if he is gay and likes me?

So I got this email today and it made me think. It said:

'Never save something for a special occasion.

Every day in your life is a special occasion'.

I still think those words changed my life.

Now I read more and clean less.

I sit on the porch without worrying about anything.

I spend more time with my family, and less at work.

I understood that life should be a source of experience to be lived up to, not survived through.

I no longer keep anything.

I use crystal glasses every day...

I'll wear new clothes to go to the supermarket, if I feel like it.

I don't save my special perfume for special occasions, I use it whenever I want to.

The words 'Someday...' and ' One Day...' are fading away from my dictionary.

;

If it's worth seeing, listening or doing, I want to see, listen or do it now....

I don't know what my friend's wife would have done if she knew she wouldn't be there the next morning, this nobody can tell.

I think she might have called her relatives and closest friends.

She might call old friends to make peace over past quarrels.

I'd like to think she would go ou t for Chinese, her favourite food.

It's these small things that I would regret not doing, if I knew my time had come..

Each day, each hour, each minute, is special.

Live for today, for tomorrow is promised to no-one...

So there is this guy I work with who I really like. I think he may be gay or at least bi. It's things like these emails that make me want to ask him. Would you live with the mantra that life is too short and ask him or just give up and move on?

Favorite Answer

I find that the best way to ask a person a personal question is be direct but polite. Also you would want to ask this person in a private location that he is comfortable in.

Do not be offended if you do not get the answer you want to your question. Because you might want a relationship with this person even if he is gay he might not want a relationship with you.

He could or might be straight and want to experiment, so be prepared for what ever might come out of the encounter.

He might be offended by you asking this question.

"ONE MAN'S OPINION"

that's continuously risky to lie...much greater so approximately something you have have been given to later instruct. in common terms because of the fact a guy is single would not propose he's gay. you have gotten in common terms pronounced you have been between girlfriends or something; you in all threat did no longer could invent an significant different and youthful babies for gosh sakes! At any value, now you have gotten to stand the music and prefer your boss has a coronary heart. like it or no longer, you're out. as quickly as you have proved your self effective on the interest, in line with threat you would be risk-unfastened, yet prepare your self to stand your coworkers. you will get via potential of this. it is not elementary, yet you will. you could the two settle on your destiny or flow to a distinctive city.

I think you need to be careful how you approach this, as he is a co-worker. In some workplaces, dating between co-workers is prohibited by company policy and you and he could get fired if your boss found out.

In other workplaces, dating a co-worker might not be prohibited, but you still have to be careful that your expression of interest in him isn't misinterpreted as sexual harassment, especially if he's straight and your questioning makes him feel defensive or uncomfortable. And even if he is gay or bi, that still doesn't mean he's necessarily interested in you.

Best not ask him, it may offend or make him feel awkward, maybe he just wants to be a good straight friend with you