sammi asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

yeast infection & periods?

i've had a yeast infection for about 1 1/2 weeks and i have used monistat 7 and that gave me a lot of relief but it wasnt quite cured so i went to the doctor and she prescribed me an anti-fungal pill. it has been 4 days since i took the pill and i am not feeling 100% relief so i got monistat 3 to try. do you think this is a good idea? will this finally get rid of it?

also i will be shortly getting my period and i wanted to know if that will get rid of the infection or just make it worse?

thanks :]

Favorite Answer

if you really want to get rid of yeast infection forever then you must follow these tips:

1) Eat yogurt!!!! It contains helpful bacteria (live cultures, including acidophilus and bifidus) that destroy yeast. Use only plain yogurt with active cultures.

2) Douche with a solution of 1 to 3 tbsp. vinegar in a quart of water. Repeat once a day while having symptoms, but no longer than a week.

3) Decrease or eliminate sugar and sugary foods. Sugar promotes yeast growth.

4) Use a garlic clove as a suppository. Garlic contains a natural anti-fungal agent.

5) Try gentian violet. It's a traditional remedy for yeast and other infections, and can be found in pharmacies. Swab the area with it once or twice a day. Make sure to use a thick pad - it stains everything.

6) Use an herbal douche. Combine equal amounts of sage, raspberry and comfrey with 1/4 part goldenseal. This can be combined with cider vinegar.

7) You must use herbal treatment. In that case Yeastrol is really good (probably the best) product that gets rid of yeast infection comparatively fast and makes you feel more confident knowing that it wont reappear again!

And of course it is better if you use full course (5 months - if I remember correctly). For me it worked very fast + I dont get yeast infections anymore...

I do not know if any pharmacies carry Yeastrol but I do know that you should purchase it directly from the manufacturer and read more about the product here http://www.yeastrol.com/?aid=221781

good luck!

Working in women's health - Gynecologist + personal experience

2

Source(s): Yeast Infection Home Remedy : http://yeastcure.trustdd.com/?UGQd

you need to be on a full course of the anti fungal pills. 4 days isn't enough, it usually takes 7-10 days. your period won't have anything to do with it.