Am I a racist for not liking dark skin on girls?

There's this girl, see, and we got along great until recently. Then she asked if I liked her romantically. I said no. She said why and I responded that she wasn't my type. But I also said that we could still hang out and she could still give me massages and so on and so forth.

Later, her friend asked me why I said this and I told her that, while the girl is very good looking in most respects, her skin is way to dark for my taste. The friend then told me that she was born that way, that she got it from her parents, and that I was a racist. But I said that if I didn't like a girl because of red hair she inherited from her parents that wouldn't make me a hair-ist.

She said its different, but I don't understand. Am I a racist? What if I don't like a girl because she tans too much, is that bad too?

Favorite Answer

This is a seriously interesting question. I think you're right. You're either a hair-ist and a racist or neither. I say neither. What we need is a more workable definition of racism.

It's not quite racist. I mean i understand. Some people are just either to dark or just not pretty enough. I don't know really what to say but I wouldn't call it racist. Its just like Asians go for Asians. Whites go for Whites. Blacks go for Blacks. Just because they have interest in those types of people. And this is your own personal type. Nothing wrong w/it.

No it dosen't i means ya got yellow fever

you aren't racist. you can't help what you are attracted to.