Im looking for information on harley softail?

whether or not they are comfortable & durable

Favorite Answer

Why not go for a test ride....no one can tell you what YOUR idea of comfort is..........

Pesonally I would rather own a Dyna over the Softail.

Source(s): 20yr HD Tech. MMI Grad 1991 and 2009. Factory trained by HD, Big Dog, American Ironhorse, Titan and Indian

That depends on your size. For me 6' 3", 270lbs. A softail is a bit to small. If your under 6 foot and 240lbs. A softail is a fine bike, very comfortable if you set it up right. As for durable, a Harley is the same as any other bike. Some are good, some are great and some are bad.

I had a 2007 Softail and loved it. Traded it for a 2009 Street Glide and been kicking myself in the a** ever since. I have owned and raced Japanese bikes practically my entire life and Harley is just as reliable as those brands. I've seen several Harleys with over 100,000 miles. I'm sure there are some Jap bikes out there with that many miles, but I've never seen one personally.

Comfortable, yes, durable, well that depends on what your idea of durable is.

They take more maintenance and repairs than japanese brands, but they only change their design thrice between ice ages, so parts are always available.

Source(s): Had three.