Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceDream Interpretation · 1 decade ago

I'm attempting an OOBE, with no success. Could someone help me out? Details in question.?

Alright, so last night I did some reading about Out-of-body-experiences, and I wanted to try it out. So today, at around 5, I did what my research said, which is to go in a dark room with SOME light, get comfortable, loosen clothing, and then count your breaths. I have heard what to do after the vibration stage, but I can't get there. So I read you should count your breathes 50 or 100 times. I did 200, and then I repeated my name (in my head), which I also heard helps. I got nothing, I did this 3 times today for about 30-45 minutes each. The closest thing I got was, about 3 times during one of my attempts, I got a sudden rush and I felt like me and my bed were zooming forward. This lasted for about 2 seconds. And the other thing I experienced was, on that same attempt, I could still feel my physical arm, but it felt like I could twist my "imaginary" arm all the way around. I hadn't separated so I don't know how that worked. But anyways, do you guys have any suggestion? Thanks in advanced.

PS: There WAS some noise coming from my sisters playing, and their TV, and my Mom doing dishes, this may have affected my attempts, I think it could have because a few times I was a little bit out of it, and I was thinking about being at the mall, then I heard a noise and my sense of awareness grew, and I came back to my room, and I was no longer at the mall.

PSS: This is obviously my first time attempting and OOBE.

Favorite Answer

Part of this is to try and disassociate yourslef from it, one reason drugs are consumed, to help "split" your spirit