Have you ever thought that you felt something physically when you didn't at all?

Today I touched something that I thought felt cold and wet, but it turned out it was just my notebook. When I felt it again, it felt just like a regular old notebook. Then in the bathroom I thought that I stepped on something cold and squishy like dog poop, but when I looked at the ground I didn't see anything, and when I put my foot up and down again, it didn't feel like poo anymore.... weird.. So has anybody else had one of these days?

Favorite Answer

It's called "a glitch in the matrix". Verify this with the "deja-vu cat".

I've had a similar experience, where I confused my brain, which is hard to do. I was sitting in a crazy position and somehow I mixed up which leg was which, and I went to grab one of my toes, and I was grabbing the opposite foot I thought I was having. For a couple seconds I was in shock, and I didn't feel anything, because my brain wasn't expecting feeling on that foot, and then I realized what happened, and it was back to normal :)

Well, the squishy thing could have been gum, or maybe you stepped on the floor in a curvy way. The notebook thing, maybe part of it was cold lol, it has temperature on its own!!

ya totally it's weird isn't it?? i always think at lunch that i have spilt something on myself but didnt, or that i sat in something wet, but didn't, or stepped in water or something of the like. weirdness.