Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

selling an Item through the internet (HELP)?

I asked this question here: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ant0h...

most everyone seems very negative about it

my question here is: If I make sure I get the money in my PayPal account before I ship it, would it be safe?

Favorite Answer

I read your earlier question, but not the answers. I can tell you that this is a very common scam and you will not see any of the $350. Do a search for PayPal, eBay, or Craig's List SCAMs and you will find this scam and others nearly identical to it explained in detail.

The first clue is that it is an overseas buyer. The second that they offer to pay much more than you actually ask. That is a way to sucker you in by using your greed vs your common sense. Think about it! When was the last time someone offered to double what they were supposed to pay you that was legitimate?

There are ways to void even a PayPal transaction after it has gone through. (Telling PayPal that YOU were the scammer, telling PayPal that the item never arrived and to cancel the transaction, etc.) There are also people with other people's hacked PayPal account settings. The actual owner of the account will come back against you to get their money back since they did not make the transaction. (This can happen a month or two AFTER the sale!!)

RUN, DO NOT WALK away from this scam or you will lose the item and the money you spend for shipping. This may sound negative, but if you don't believe it, let your greed get the best of you and hopefully you will learn from the lesson you WILL get.