. asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

Will using Safari crash my Windows computer?

I have Internet 7, which really messes up my facebook chat and my youtube. And I really want to try Safari. However, about 2 months ago my computer had a HUGE crash, where we lost EVERYTHING except the stuff we had on back up files. Will Safari cause my whole Dell Windows computer to crash and lose everything? If so, then I can't download it because my mom would kill me lol.

• pete
    Favorite Answer

No. I use safari on my PC and it works great.

Safari itself may crash (it's still not really a finished product) but it won't damage your hard drive. (Crashing the computer is recoverable by turning it off and turning it back on.) But Firefox is a much better browser.

(If you're so worried about crashing your computer, why are you running a beta test operating system?)

No it wont do anything, why would it. Just go download safari of www.apple.com, and why do you want it anyway? I might be slower cause its made for mac's but have fun with it!

I doubt it. I'm using it right now and haven't had any problems.