? asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

how do i tell my mom i need makeup?

ok so i have asked my mom before if i can wear make up im in middle school and she doesnt let me wear it even my friends think its dumb that i cant until im 16 how can i thouroughly convince her to let me??

Wow hi...I actually just finished middle school last year, and I went through the same exact problem. The thing that happened with me was, I wore the make-up behind my mom's back and when she found out, she made me put my make-up on like a clown for three days so I would learn. But hey, my mom is PRETTY strict lol. Be honest with your mom. If you REALLY feel you need the make-up because you feel horrible about your acne, sun spots, or any of those things than maybe she might understand. Now, if you only want to wear it because your Hollister buddies are (like mine hah), then I don't think you should. Yeah, that sounds pretty cheesy coming from a fourteen year old, but yea...people will get to see how naturally pretty you are, and thn when they see you with makeup later, they will REALLY think your pretty!! I know....OH...and by the way...I cant wear makeup till next year. (tenth grade)...so just be patient, and our time will come I guess haha...SUCKS! ha

Source(s): My source was my brain, and personal experiences...although they stink, and arent very helpful....just wanted to let u know you werent alone!

Just do what my best friend Chels did lol. Put it on at school in the morning and take it off before you leave. Walk to a local drugstore and buy some yourself.

Orrrrr...You can tell her 'either let me have my own or spread germs by using other girl's' Thats what I told my mom, now Im a make up junkie XD

Let her know you just want some natural nice and easy makeup. Just a simple look. Promise not to get carried away. If she at least lets you wear mascara and a natural colored lip gloss it would be a start. You could also offer to do extra chores to earn the money to show her you're willing to work for it.

My dad was always getting mad if I put makeup on, so I started off with just natural things. Like just curling my eyelashes, then I starting to put on mascara. And I only wear minerial powder and a tad bit of blush. Not much, just enough to make you glow. Plus just tell her that all you want to minerial cover up and a eyelash curly.

i think you should have a talk with hr about it and say u want to just wear a little makeup not over the top. Then maybe she'll let you ;]

wow really????

that sucks...just tell her its not bad...and she wears it too right???

Just tell her...Hey mom I could understand if I was in Elementary school and you wouldn't let me wear make-up but I'm in middle school now and I can handle...Oh and only askk for like the basic make-up at first...btw what grade are you in??? I'm in 8th (:

maybe when u go shopping iwth your friends, buy mascara! start little. if she notices, tell her you feel you need it! and then maybe build on some more makeup little by little (blush, cover up, eyeshadow, maybe eyeliner... u dont rly need anything more!)

Tell her it will help with self esteem problems. Even if you don't have any.

Thats ridiculas. Just do it anyways. Tell her everyone else does and it is rude of her not to let you.