? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 decade ago

The real reason for the vibrating Neutrogena Wave? Is it just a way to market a device that vibrates, to teen?

-age girls? It's supposed to be for facial cleanser. I saw it on the shelf again today - now it has two speeds. Does facial skin need two speeds?

I am just wondering if this is a clever way to sell gadgets to teens that have a "dual use". A clever way around whatever rules there are about certain items teens can't buy.

Any rumors out there?

Somehere - is that an actual field test opinion you just gave?

Favorite Answer

haha ive actually been wanting to trick my mom into getting me one just for that purpose :P

but actually, im of age so when i get my first paycheck i can get a real vibrator.

ive never tested the nuetrogena wave (on my face, silly!) or seen how strong the vibrations are, but just because it vibrates doesnt mean it can be used sexually, it honestly depends on the strength of the vibrations and whether the vibration is strong enough to even have any effect for using is sexually.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I am just wondering if this is a clever way to sell gadgets to teens that have a "dual use". A clever way around whatever rules there...

Source(s): real reason vibrating neutrogena wave market device vibrates teen: https://shortly.im/VnFwj

What?! I have no idea why it'd need two speeds.

The vibrating intensity isn't strong -at all- though... I don't know how anyone could get anything out of it lol.

The thing I'm not sure about is that new vibrating mascara brush...

Haha lol it doesn't do anything

same thing with the mascara

EDIT: lol no i have never tried to use it like THAT. i meant for the original use. mascara and facewash.

besides maybelline and neutrogena had it coming when they made vibrating products

• Ryn

Its definitely the wrong shape to be used as anything but a facial cleanser.

Real vibrators are amazing though. But seriously, this facial cleanser thing would really suck. I highly doubt it vibrates enough to do anything useful.

• It doesn't work. It makes your skin dry and rough. Especially the blemish free pads you can buy for it. It is so gross. I used it for about 2 weeks then quit. I had the dual speeds, too. And I personally could not tell the difference.

Hahaahahah you think they'll use it as a vibrator?

I doubt it. They just want teens to think "oh, cool, new product!" and buy it. Even though I doubt it even does anything.

And I don't think it vibrates enough to actually be effective for that...dual purpose. :]

Ummm i really don't think that is the reason. I think it's just to deeply clean out your pores.

wow.