Carly asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Can Red Bull make you gain weight?

I am a college student with a hectic schedule, for the past 3 weeks I have been drinking 2-3 drinks a day. Most people say they loose weight when drinking red bull, I have gained weight. My food intake and exercise has stayed the same, if anything I have been working out more...is this normal??

Favorite Answer

It is incredibly high in sugar which is converted to fat. (Even more so if you don't get enough sleep.)

But there is a possibility of muscle gain as well.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Can Red Bull make you gain weight?

Source(s): red bull gain weight: https://tr.im/xS1NI

Yes, red bull is loaded with sugar and carbs, which turn into fat if you don't burn what you take in during the day.

You can switch to the sugar free version if you need the energy aspects. It of course doesn't taste quite the same, but it's not bad.

People who lose weight when drinking red bull are inadvertently eating less or moving more without consciously thinking about it, caffeine can have that affect on people more sensitive to it.

• Qwyrx

Every one of those small cans has 110 calories. Since you're only supposed to get 1500-2000 calories a day (more or less, depending on your gender and activity level), that's an extra 10-30% of your daily calories. Basically, it's almost the same as drinking soda.

And the caffeine and ginseng won't do anything to help you lose weight. It's wrong to think that caffeine increases your metabolism and so makes you burn calories. It has effects that make you feel like you have more energy, but it doesn't actually make you use energy any faster.

If you're worried about the weight gain associated with the drinks, try the Red Bull shots I think they're something like 25 calories, so they'll give you a little pick me up with fewer calories. Some other energy drink companies have caffeine shots too that are pretty good.

I've tried many diets and couldn't make anything work. Since having my first child, I've been carrying around an extra 30 pounds. This diet just made sense and showed me that everything I was doing before was wrong and a waste of my time.

The plan was so refreshing and so simple to follow. I did everything plan said and lost 23 pounds in the first three weeks. I'm now starting the diet again to lose 7 more pounds. This plan has changed my life.

Get started today!

Stress can seriously pack on the pounds. You say you have a hectic schedule, which sounds to me you are a bit stressed. Perhaps because you are studying, you are sitting more and the amount of exercise you are doing now is only making up for the amount of sitting you are doing, and then add in the additional calories; you have weight gain.

Red bull is NOT healthy for you, it will cause you to gain weight because of it's high amount of calories.

red bull isn't cocaine. it will make you gain weight, definitely. if you have any question about it just check the nutritional facts on the side of the can. check for sugar, fat and calories.

if you want more focus for your school load then go to a psychiatrist and ask if they would prescribe you adderall. very helpful, and makes you lose weight :D

They're full of sugar. FULL of sugar.

They'll rot your teeth worse than a can of soda too, incidentally.

Be careful with your intake of energy drinks as well. I used to swear by them until I started getting really intense headaches. I stopped drinking them as much, the mysterious headaches stopped.

Don't forget, they are a relatively new product and not that much testing has been done with them. So guess who the guinea pigs are? People like you and me.