How Did Obama ever become President?

It's quite simple isn't it? Didn't he become President because scores and scores of White Americans voted for him? They didn't do that because they were opposed to the color of his skin. So how does it follow that just because a majority of Americans are opposing government takeover of the healthcare industry, they America is all of a sudden racist? Shouldn't we just stick to politics?

Favorite Answer

That's exactly my answer to anybody who thinks disagreement with Obama is racist.

If people are so racist, how did he get elected in the first place?

That's why playing the race card like Carter did was so bogus. Even Obama doesn't agree with Carter.

The reason Obama won and was chosen is because the media decided they like Obama better than sHrillery.

The public was going to elect any democratic candidate, no matter who it was... it was a certainty.

Obama was a nobody with the same qualifications to be President as Sarah Palin. However, the media quickly recognized that Obama was smooth as a speaker, a much better and more charismatic than sHrillery. Plus sHrillery had all that baggage from scandals and crimes that the media does not want to live through again. Plus, liberals love to be lied to by a smooth talking con artist; no one believed a word that Bill Clinton said but they loved the fact he could lie so well. Poor, sHrillery has the people skills of Joseph Stalin.

Make no mistake the media can make a mediocre candidate look like a star by only running positive news coverage of their guy and they also can make someone good, look bad by focusing on negativity, day in and day out.

"I have no quarrel with a president of any race. Obama is not black to me. He's not half black, half white. He's president of the United States, and as such, given his agenda, he poses a grave danger to the American I believe in. And that's all that matters to me. I couldn't care if he's a hermaphrodite. I don't care who he sleeps with. I don't care where he eats. I don't care what he eats. I don't care how he drives. I don't care about any of that. I don't care about his haircut. I don't care whether he's getting gray. I don't care about his tie. I don't care about any of this. I care about his intent to remake this country into a country unlike any of us have ever seen. I have serious concerns about today's media and their new standard, which is this: Any criticism of an African-American president's policies or statements or misstatements is racist, and that's it.

Therefore the question: Can this nation really have an African-American president? Or will the fact that we have an African-American president so paralyze politically correct people in the media that the natural scrutiny and process through which all of our presidents are put through and vetted do not occur because of the fear in the State-Controlled Media of themselves being called racist and the desire to be able to call everyone else racist. In other words, we have a blank slate. We have a president here who is not scrutinized, who is not examined. There is no attempt to be suspicious of power anymore. So is it possible that we really have an African-American president? Or does having an African-American president paralyze the process by which people with that kind of power in our representative republic are kept, quote, unquote, honest? I have a brief timeout here at which time I'm either going to explode in rage or I'm going to fix this audio problem, because I already started out in rage. This racism stuff has got everybody boiling mad because it's such a lie; it's such a cheap shot; it's so dishonest."

- Rush Limbaugh -

• I agree with you, the color of his skin has nothing to do with the mess he has gotten us in. He has completely made the USA a wimp and screwed us with a bill that will haunt our children for years to come, in what 9 months. And we are the bad guys because we know that there is something wrong with this. I think not, he works for us not the other way around. He is supposed to be doing what is good for the people not whats good for him and his deviate crew. Your right how did he become president, with no credentials.

Source(s): RCPRD
  • Obama is a "post turtle"

While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old rancher, whose hand was caught in the gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Obama and his being our president.

The old rancher said, 'Well, ya know, Obama is a 'Post Turtle''.

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a 'post turtle' was.

The old rancher said, 'When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle'.

The old rancher saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued to explain. 'You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, and you just wonder what kind of idiot put him up there to begin with.

A majority of Americans do not oppose a "takeover" of the healthcare industry. There are racists in America who can't accept that Obama has been elected. They know nothing about economics, socialism, marxism, they just want their America back.

It's easy, have your Union thug cronies extort millions in campaign funds and use their forced manpower to win the primaries then campaign against a mediocre opponent who's party is in chaos.

His campaign was in the primaries, timing is everything. So many of the states which gave them the nomination went red.

• Jimbo

Don't try using common sense to race baiters. It isn't about racism. They know that the very second they throw down the racism card, that any debate is ended immediately and everybody goes on the defensive. It's their ace in the hole card that they use when they're losing.

It's not all of america that's racist. Just the ones that are crazy angry that a black president wants to address children and tell them to work hard in school. And the birthers, and southern confederate-flag waivng politicians who want to score political points with their racist constituents by being the first person in history to call the President of the united states a liar on the floor of the house while he was talking.

"just stick to politics"--good idea, except that's not always what's happening. This is the 100th time a question like this has been asked here today.

I do believe that many racists do not realize that’s what they are feeling. They truly believe they are upset about Obama’s birth certificate or “death panels” in the health care bill. But let me tell you that I have worked on many, many political campaigns in my life, some very hard-fought, and I have never seen this type of vitriol and anger and hatred directed at a president this early in his administration.

Do you ever wonder why no one ever worried about a flag pin, a guy’s minister, his birth certificate or his religion before in our country’s history? Do you? Because a lot of people look at that type of stuff and think it’s racism, and they could be right. Or it could just be politics--a concerted effort to discredit Obama and diminish his presidency.

Having said that, there is nothing whatsoever wrong with disagreeing with his policies. If you posted “I don’t like this health reform bill because...” no one would call you racist. How could they? But I have seen posts like “Michelle Obama is a gorilla,” “Should we rename the White House to the Black House,” and much, much worse, including “Does Michelle defecate on her pizza and then eat it?” and “There should not be a n*i*g*g*e*r in our White House.” What do you make of those posts? Do you denounce them, disagree with them or ever let the poster know they are unacceptable? Because we don’t see any regular conservatives denouncing this type of crap either, which makes it seem like you think it is OK.

We had an election, and your guy lost. Just like many of us had to suffer through eight years of Bush, now you get to suffer through Obama. But you don’t have to come on this site and elsewhere and type every imaginable criticism of him hundreds of times a day. He wore the wrong jeans, he took his wife on a date night, who paid for his state trip to Russia, he uses a teleprompter, why does he have special pizza...blah blah blah. It’s as if no one ever paid attention to ANY president before this, because of course we all could have found the same type of issues about any of them. Did you EVER hear anyone care about Laura Bush’s looks, what Bush ate, who paid for their trips to Crawford, where the two of them went, what Bush wore? I never did.

So disagree with his policies all you want. But when you treat this president in an entirely different way than any other president has ever been treated, don’t be surprised if some of us notice that the main difference between Obama and all the other presidents is his skin color.