asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

Should I fast the rest of Ramadan...?

I have been ill every other day since last week. My GP said I have a viral infection which consists of me feeling lethargic, fever, worn out, tiredness, sore throat and having a headache. She advised me to complete a course of tablets ((at least for 5 days)), to eat/drink well to and rest. But I feel fine today, I don't see the point of not fasting when I feel okay.

Lol at Ymaster, yeh they are common =)

Lavender: Jazak'Allah Khair sis =) xx

WalaikumAssalaam to Nasa and Salma.

Favorite Answer

as salaamu 'alaikym warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

Insha'Allah, follow your doctor's orders as he or she may have prescribe a course of antibiotics (the pills) in which case if you stop taking them before the course is completed you may well only make the germs stronger and more resistant to the antibiotics which means the illness will return and be harder to deal with.

There are currently several rather serious flu virus going around and one should not weaken his or her immune system lest they develop an infections of a serious nature.

Insha'Allah, take the pills as directed and complete the course and then, after you are well make up any days of fasting you may have missed..

Insha'Allah, I will keep you in my prayers.

ma'a salaam

Salaam,

Remember that لا يكلف الله نفسا إلا وسعها and that Islam is easy.

I remember about 3 years ago I had an issue of having a terrible toothache of my wisdom teeth and the dentist asked me to take an antibiotic 4 times a day. I told him that it was Ramadan and he changed the prescription.

You can always talk to your doctor as she knows more than you and I, because sometimes, even if you feel better you cannot stop the medication and you have to finish it till the end (this is what I know, although I am too far from the medical majors).

May Allah help you recover quickly.

Assalamu Alaikum

Wait till you feel better on Friday. If you dont feel better then dont fast. Allah said you cannot fast only if you are sick. You also have to make up all the days you missed during Ramadan. Inshallah you will feel better

I Still Remember My Grand Mother.. She was Very Tough at age 80..

when she was ill.. She Never quit Fasting.. Nor Praying..

Cheek your mail.

I apoligize for not answering the question, I honestly have no idea. My guess would be to cont. on the fast since you concluded u didn't feel ill at the moment.

if u are able to get sleep in the afternoon after zohr then good. around 3 days remain of ramadan. consult a muslim doctor if u can, must be female, if u find no female muslim doctor then go to any muslim doctor and consult. personally try this if u cannot take the fast then um try to get sleep from zohr to asr.

• sweetie it's entirely up to you...I wouldn't advise you to miss the fast as I have no right to but I also can't advise you to continue if you're feeling too ill to cope with it.

InshaAllah do whatever you think is best according to your judgment.

I pray you feel better very, very soon InshaAllah.

Please look after yourself

~XXX~

From last night, sorry for not replying.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AvVUo...

you are excused since you are ill, and you shall fast the days you have missed when you get better, and you have till next year's ramadan to finish them, and i suggest you do them in winter when the day is short.

The best person to ask is Allah sis. Make istikharah insha Allah all will be alright

Assalmu alikum

I think you should fast... but if your health deteriorate then you can stop fasting and make them up later on.