How do I become a movie writer?

I am 15 years old and very creative. What do I do to become a successful writer and where do I go to be more recognizable and have a good writing education?

Favorite Answer

Take some classes in screenwriting and write. write. write. Visit simplyscripts.com and see how other people write.

Source(s): produced writer

well first off, write some stuff. that would be the first step. take writing classes and english in school so you can learn some of that stuff you think is useless, but really, its not about the work, its learning the organization and styles to write in.

if you decide to go to college, there are numerous classes to take on such things, and if you really actually want to be successful, then you will need a college education in that area, or movie companies wont even look at you or pay attention.

learn how to write screenplays in the right fomat. like scripts and stuff. come up with good stories, or even take a book you like and re-write the entire thing in a movie screen play format. always keep your origional writings for future refrences, and no matter how many people put you down, keep at it and dont stop.

Find a college that has a screenwriting course, get a good agent, and start writing movies NOW.

If the day comes where a film company wants to read a script of yours and they say "This is good but we're looking for something else," you better have another script ready because that might be your only chance.

Send in scripts to Hollywood. Keep mailing them. If they never accept your scripts, write abook. Be sure to keep movie scripts within possibility. Though in a book, anything's possible, movies have budgets.