Work expercience for CRNA?

I know that you need work experience as a registered nurse before you can apply for a school for anesthesia, but how many years of work experience is required? And can i get started on the work experience while i have my associates degree in order to save time? or do i have to have my BSN and then do my ork experience?

Favorite Answer

I'm a graduate of a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, (CRNA), program in California. I believe our program asked for a minimum of one year of critical care experience, preferably in an intensive care unit although I believe they have accepted some in the past with emergency room experience. You do not have to wait to get your BSN to begin developing the experience. It just needs to be part of your overall nursing resume. Different CRNA schools and/or different states may have varying policies on where your experience comes from and the length it needs to be but I doubt any of them would require your experience to be after you get your BSN. Any experience you get after you've passed your boards and are a licensed RN should suffice.