How is good is the book Speak?

Hey

I am doing an outside reading project and I am suppose to choose a book but I don't know what book. I ask my friend and they said the book Speak by: Laurie Halse Anderson is a good book but I don't know if I am allowed to do it. Do you think it is a appropriate for school in high school?

Favorite Answer

I thought it was an excellent book. We were actually required to read it in 9th grade English, so I would imagine your high school would accept it, unless they're ultra-conservative. It mentions some adult topics, but I thought the author handled it well. It tells a story that could have happened to any one of us.

Source(s): Personal experience reading it in high school.

Our high school has these summer reading lists, and we have to read any 3 from them. It was under the 9/10th grade honors list and I read it. It was a few years ago (and I remember nothing about it except my test was easy) so I think I thought it was an neutral/decent book(I usually remember the ones I hate or loved). And since my high school approved of it I am sure yours will too. My high school is a public school in a small (but not conservative) town.

Yes. Some schools even require for you to read it.

i read it in my english class in 10th grade and i thought it was a really good book there is also a movie