Gina
Gina asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

Who should I start at TE?

Antonio Gates vs. Baltimore Ravens

Or

Chris Cooley vs. STL. Rams

Favorite Answer

I'd go with Chris Cooley. He is a good start any time but against the Rams, even better.

The rams are so bad at defense that this might actually hurt Cooley. When there is a tougher defense, like that of Baltimore, they will blitz more and give pressure to the QB and cover receivers well, this is when TEs with the skils of gates, or even cooley with the right defense, can thrive in.

I would go with Gates vs baltimore as the chargers wont be able to run the ball at all vs that baltimore D, so its all going to be pass. Couple that with no LT, or an injured LT if he plays, and rushing wont much of a factor in that game. Rivers will air it out and Gates is the most targeted receiver on that team.

Cooley can have a good game vs the rams, but I think Portis and moss, randle el, and just about everyone on that roster is going to produce something. They might not go to the TE just because everything else will be working for them so easily.

Start Gates imo.

Chris Cooley without a doubt!

ravens are gonna shut out gates. play cooley against the crappy rams secondary.

Cooley fo sho all day

^

|

|

Yeah, what he said.

I'd go with Gates because the TE is an important position against a really tough defense. He's also a really big target to throw at. Like a moose.